790 Duke

I had the opportunity to have one for a few hours last Tuesday while my 1290 was being serviced but the rain, generally cold weather and the lack of miles on the bike being offered made me choose to drink free coffee and read bike magazines instead. Maybe another day :nenau

I doubt he'll be doing that anytime soon

I bumped in to him at Premier this afternoon and all he said about the 790 is that it was "OK"

They had about six brand new (grey) ones sat outside the door. Not all of them were SOLD

Quite a few people waiting for an orange one apparently

Test Ride booked for Tuesday while my T-Max is being MOT'd :D

Not seen a grey one but the black and silver seems to be the most popular colour.

Now that's were you would be wrong.

The orange ones are the most popular. That's why Premier have grey ones still available for immediate delivery :augie

Now that's were you would be wrong.

The orange ones are the most popular. That's why Premier have grey ones still available for immediate delivery :augie

Well I know two things.

Firstly , if you think that there is a grey option then you might want to pop to Specsavers

2885d75b3c2fb87b37bf2b4643206813.jpg

and secondly , the black and silver one is sold out from KTM as my local dealer has tried getting another having sold two. He has an orange one for sale though.
Shame that KTM have a weird ordering system and bikes can’t be swapped as easy as other manufacturers

You call it silver, I call it grey. Let's call the whole thing off :comfort

As I've already said. Premier have unsold grey ones and are waiting on orange. From the horses mouth came the words "we have lots of customers who are waiting for the orange"

Their Demo 790 is orange. That is the bike that KTM allocated to them for demo purposes. They were not allowed to swap the orange demo bike for a grey one, although they do have a grey 790 on demo too. That was the zero mile bike that Nutty rode !

You call it silver, I call it grey. Let's call the whole thing off :comfort

As I've already said. Premier have unsold grey ones and are waiting on orange. From the horses mouth came the words "we have lots of customers who are waiting for the orange"

Their Demo 790 is orange. That is the bike that KTM allocated to them for demo purposes. They were not allowed to swap the orange demo bike for a grey one, although they do have a grey 790 on demo too. That was the zero mile bike that Nutty rode !

Ha ha . I love my grey bike 🤣

Just had a test ride on a 790 at Premier .......... Wow, what a machine :bow

The quickshifer is unreal. I even found it was easy to change from 1st to 2nd and back to 1st without using the clutch. If I'd tried that on the GS I'd be met with a bang, a clunk and a sore left foot.

The bike only had 34 miles on the clock, but even so, you could feel it wanting to go and it really takes off the moment you hit the 6000rpm running in limiter :augie

The standard spec is spot on but for me the plastics have the feel of something that would be fitted to the 390 rather than the 1290. Having said that the 790 is around £6000 cheaper than its bigger brother so that makes it a bit of a bargain :clap

This test ride has really got me thinking :rolleyes:

Just had a test ride on a 790 at Premier .......... Wow, what a machine :bow

The quickshifer is unreal. I even found it was easy to change from 1st to 2nd and back to 1st without using the clutch. If I'd tried that on the GS I'd be met with a bang, a clunk and a sore left foot.

The bike only had 34 miles on the clock, but even so, you could feel it wanting to go and it really takes off the moment you hit the 6000rpm running in limiter :augie

The standard spec is spot on but for me the plastics have the feel of something that would be fitted to the 390 rather than the 1290. Having said that the 790 is around £6000 cheaper than its bigger brother so that makes it a bit of a bargain :clap

This test ride has really got me thinking :rolleyes:

I only ever use a quick shifter from 2nd gear upwards ( and back,obviously).
I read it one manual that they aren’t designed to work to and from 1st.
Think it was my 1290R but can’t be sure.

KTM have lent RJ one. He rather likes it

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GWxqknVZ6xA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was supposed to get my orange 790 two weeks ago but it still hasn’t arrived. I wish dealers would under-promise and over-deliver rather than the other way around.

AMS who I like and have always been great. It’s not their fault if it hasn’t arrived but it seems like someone in the chain isn’t being straight about when it’s being built/sent etc from the factory

Tell em to stick it, and switch the order to Premier :thumb:D

The problem is Premier have customers who are also waiting on orange bikes

Grey ones :augie seem to be more readily available

Back
Top Bottom