New Guzzi V85 looks good.

Had a sit on one today at the Salon de deux roues in Lyon

Looks better in the flesh than in photos, the paint job looks good quality and the finish is good

Very comfortable riding position, more leg room than a GS and the bars are just right

Wifey was happy on the back too which is a criteria for me

Not ridden one but so far I like it :thumb2

Had a sit on one today at the Salon de deux roues in Lyon

Looks better in the flesh than in photos, the paint job looks good quality and the finish is good

Very comfortable riding position, more leg room than a GS and the bars are just right

Wifey was happy on the back too which is a criteria for me

Not ridden one but so far I like it :thumb2

I would like to bet wifey would be the deal breaker.:D:beerjug:

Visordown… You Tube... Tester had never ridden any Guzzi before. He liked it a lot.:thumb2

Test ride for me, hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday next week. It's going to have to be good to make me move my Tiger 1200 on. At one point I did think about moving the Tiger on if I really liked the V85 ( I don't really want two adventure style bikes)and maybe getting a speed twin, but I really like the 1100 Griso I recently purchased. Who knows I may end up with a one marque stable.

I could think of worse things than having 3 Gussi's :green gri

Visordown… You Tube... Tester had never ridden any Guzzi before. He liked it a lot.:thumb2

Test ride for me, hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday next week. It's going to have to be good to make me move my Tiger 1200 on. At one point I did think about moving the Tiger on if I really liked the V85 ( I don't really want two adventure style bikes)and maybe getting a speed twin, but I really like the 1100 Griso I recently purchased. Who knows I may end up with a one marque stable.

I could think of worse things than having 3 Gussi's :green gri

Hi Steve
Is 80hp enough?
David

Having owned a V65TT, I'm loving the looks and impressions of this V85TT.

But, all these stupid fucking modern day category names really boil my piss.....from the Bennetts link....

" First we had adventure travel bikes – Then we had adventure enduros . And then we had adventure scramblers.
And now, thanks to tireless ingenuity of the motorcycle-making elves at Mandello del Lario, we have the ‘classic enduro’. "

FFS....stop all this trendy tagging.
"Classic Enduro" ..... a brand new bike. :D

Why the fook does everything need to have a fooking trendy arse tag nowadays ?

And "packs", FFS.
Touring pack.
Off road pack.
Rainy day pack.
Sunny day pack.
Most will only need a Cafe pack. :D

I'll let someone else comment on the stupid fucking test rider with elbows up and head down behind the screen. :augie

I do like the bike though. :D

I’m liking that Bennett’s review - can’t seem to find the red dual colour version though, just the yellow (named McDonalds by the reviewer :D)

Hi Steve
Is 80hp enough?
David

Well Dave, that's the $64,000 question. I have a feeling that I'm going to go for a ride on it, spend a couple of hours honing round the North Yorks Moors and think it's a absolute hoot. But, I'm going to try and look at it with my head rather than my heart. I love the look of the bike, but what's it going to be like with seven stone of camping gear strapped to the back and fully loaded panniers, I have a feeling it might struggle a bit. I'm sure I'll know a lot more after a test. The problems of living in a first world country.

I’m liking that Bennett’s review - can’t seem to find the red dual colour version though, just the yellow (named McDonalds by the reviewer :D)

its in the Bennets (Simon Hargreaves) review just scroll through the pics of the bike

Must admit I rather like the look of it , I reckon 100bhp would be better!!
Must meet up sometime for a coffee and a catch up?
David

Sounds good Dave... I'm currently sat here nursing our 14mounth old Border Collie (Aggie) She was spayed on Thursday and is currently feeling very sorry for herself. Sadly we lost both our older dogs last year.

:blast

:thumb2

Arsenal colours

It’s also on the MG site. Now he’s said the yellow one resembles McDonald’s it has to be the red and white with red frame.
Regarding power, the torque curve is pretty flat which would suggest that power isn’t the be-all and end-all. If you think about it, the Stelvio has 25bhp more but weighs the thick end of 30Kg more, so not dissimilar. It’s not going to rival a KTM790 but I don’t think it’s supposed to. I’d much rather have this than an F850GS!

Having owned a V65TT, I'm loving the looks and impressions of this V85TT.

But, all these stupid fucking modern day category names really boil my piss.....from the Bennetts link....

" First we had adventure travel bikes – Then we had adventure enduros . And then we had adventure scramblers.
And now, thanks to tireless ingenuity of the motorcycle-making elves at Mandello del Lario, we have the ‘classic enduro’. "

FFS....stop all this trendy tagging.
"Classic Enduro" ..... a brand new bike. :D

Why the fook does everything need to have a fooking trendy arse tag nowadays ?

And "packs", FFS.
Touring pack.
Off road pack.
Rainy day pack.
Sunny day pack.
Most will only need a Cafe pack. :D

I'll let someone else comment on the stupid fucking test rider with elbows up and head down behind the screen. :augie

I do like the bike though. :D

:D:D:D. He looks a right fuckin knob with 1" chicken strips; sideways on the ruff driffting a big fuck of rooster; yes; 20mph round a bend that takes aweek to navigate; no. The bike looks tasty though. As for the packs: i wish they would just pack it in.:D

Inner tube in the 21st century? Even the Stelvio had laced spoked wheels (Alpina brand I think) that could run tubeless tyres. Nice looking bike though, I do like Guzzis.

Back
Top Bottom