New Guzzi V85 looks good.

They're talking about a release date of around 2021. I'll be 66 when they come onto the market, which should just coincide nicely with me starting to look for a lighter bike.

I’ll see it at the big UK bike show next week, see if anyone can be helpful over dates, 2021 sounds far to far away and I’ll be 69!
Unless the engine is a mock-up the bike looks good enough for production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're talking about a release date of around 2021. I'll be 66 when they come onto the market, which should just coincide nicely with me starting to look for a lighter bike.

Just of of interest who is saying 2021 ? Someone who was at EICMA was saying 2019 which isn't too bad but 2021, I can't wait that long as I'd be looking for a 12mth old one at least so that makes it 2022 !?! :(

Like Chas says it looks fairly production ready ?

http://discoverv85.motoguzzi.com/en/

Just of of interest who is saying 2021 ? Someone who was at EICMA was saying 2019 which isn't too bad but 2021, I can't wait that long as I'd be looking for a 12mth old one at least so that makes it 2022 !?! :(

Like Chas says it looks fairly production ready ?

http://discoverv85.motoguzzi.com/en/

Couple of articles I've seen have suggested 2021 as a release date..part of the centenary celebrations. But, as we all know you can't believe anything you read.

It’s getting a new engine, with apparently 85BHP, which is a big step up from the V7 and the V9s. If it not too tall and not too heavy could be very interesting.
And yet the 125bhp GS is rubbish until it's been "hilltopped"! :D

Don’t want 125 BHP, 85 would be fine, I’m told that most people don’t use more than 60 on the road.

Don’t want 125 BHP, 85 would be fine, I’m told that most people don’t use more than 60 on the road.

I have no problem with that Chas, merely an observation on the other end of the spectrum where the GS gets flak for being underpowered and rubbish unless it's been breathed upon. Ironic, innit.

I looked quite hard for an old v65TT a couple of years ago because I really like their style and airhead-like simplicity.

This bike reminds me a lot of those old Guzzis. I like it a lot.

I have no problem with that Chas, merely an observation on the other end of the spectrum where the GS gets flak for being underpowered and rubbish unless it's been breathed upon. Ironic, innit.

Having ridden with some of the hero's that "need 130 BHP" I can say that at least 90 of those 130 are completely wasted :D

I agree

Having ridden with some of the hero's that "need 130 BHP" I can say that at least 90 of those 130 are completely wasted :D

I love my 130+bhp V4 because when Im out riding with others it allows me to wobble around corners and then catch up on the straights :p

From what I've read this new engine is 80 bhp.....

And yet the 125bhp GS is rubbish until it's been "hilltopped"! :D

You've misunderstood the point of a hilltop remap, it's not about peak power. Go back and read one of the threads properly. :rob

(Or carry on talking shite.)

You've misunderstood the point of a hilltop remap, it's not about peak power. Go back and read one of the threads properly. :rob

(Or carry on talking shite.)

With respect, you have misunderstood my post. My post was ironic - it may have been 'shite' if I was being unduly critical of hilltop. I have no issue with the difference a 'hilltop' or similar can achieve, just with those who are quite so critical of the performance of the GS in standard tune.

With respect, you have misunderstood my post. My post was ironic - it may have been 'shite' if I was being unduly critical of hilltop. I have no issue with the difference a 'hilltop' or similar can achieve, just with those who are quite so critical of the performance of the GS in standard tune.

GreatScot’s comment still stands. You misunderstood his post.....

A Hilltop tune is not about improving outright performance per se, it’s about smoothing out the fuelling, making the engine smoother pull better and ultimately a more pleasant riding experience.

Hell, I’ve even had my 1190R done and we all know they are a perfect bike to start with :)

Andres

GreatScot’s comment still stands. You misunderstood his post.....

A Hilltop tune is not about improving outright performance per se, it’s about smoothing out the fuelling, making the engine smoother pull better and ultimately a more pleasant riding experience.

Hell, I’ve even had my 1190R done and we all know they are a perfect bike to start with :)

Andres

Oh, ok, well we now have a circle of misunderstanding. Not sure anyone buying this particular Moto Guzzi will be all that bothered anyway.

Have to say I really like this... 1150gs and me will parting way next year.... potentially for the newer gen Stelvio... but if this comes into production.....mmmmmhhhh

not at NEC

Asked at NEC where he V85 was...salesman said the Italians only have one and dont want it scratched!

I did get a freebie MG mini tool kit though!

Back
Top Bottom