New Guzzi V85 looks good.

Pictures from Guzzi open house weekend today..

Ugly as sin, parts bin special. Sometimes I despair with Moto Guzzi. I want to like them, I really do. I mean it's Italian for fucks sake. They should excel at style.....but look at it.....looks only a mother could love.

Ugly as sin, parts bin special. Sometimes I despair with Moto Guzzi. I want to like them, I really do. I mean it's Italian for fucks sake. They should excel at style.....but look at it.....looks only a mother could love.

And as a general principle with 'modern' Guzzis I have to agree (with a very few notable exceptions)..........they've no excuse really have they given some of the beautiful bikes they made back in the day..............(I do still like the V85 though, maybe I'm it's mum)

Andres

And as a general principle with 'modern' Guzzis I have to agree (with a very few notable exceptions)..........they've no excuse really have they given some of the beautiful bikes they made back in the day..............(I do still like the V85 though, maybe I'm it's mum)

Andres

Exactly! But then as we seem to be in the minority, on here at least, maybe mass market appeal is for butt ugly bikes and their bottom line is obviously to sell bikes. Funny old world.

(Edit...sorry.....I just noticed your parting shot where you said you like the V85. I'm saddened, surprised, disappointed, amazed. So many emotions....I'm going for a lie down.)

Guzzi always claimed 70bhp for the old tonti bikes but they typically put out 40 😀

On a good day with wind behind yee...

Although I did do 120 MPH on my SP3 on route to Mandello in 2017...

Which is what Guzzi stated.... ( backed up by my sat nav )

Optimistic speedos too - I remember riding from Totnes to Windsor very early one Sunday morning in 1 hr 40 mins.

More information has emerged about Moto Guzzi's incoming V85 TT adventure model, with images on the Moto Guzzi website of what looks like a final production version. The accompanying text states a peak power of 80bhp, slightly more than anticipated from the 850cc V-twin.

An image of the dash hints at riding modes, phone connectivity, GPS and rider modes (which also suggests a ride-by-wire throttle). There's no word yet on price or availability.

Unveiled last year as a concept at Eicma, in Milan, Guzzi claim this bike will be completely new from top-to-bottom and marks the firm's first return to this segment of the market since the Stelvio, after their 1200cc lump met its demise at the advent of Euro4.

At its inception, the Italian firm labelled this machine as a 'Classic Enduro' - mixing off-road capabilities with a classically-inspired Moto Guzzi design and although lacking that initial striking paint job in these latest shots, the same bulbous rally raid fuel tank, twin headlights and distinctive raised beak remain.

Housing this thumpy motor, which acts as a stressed member, is a new tubular steel frame, which will work in tandem with an asymmetric swingarm, housing a side-mounted mono shock and shaft drive transmission.

Guzzi also claim this rear suspension system will make it easier to access and adjust and also allows extra space for the exhaust system layout.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1536862210922.jpg
    FB_IMG_1536862210922.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 341
  • Screenshot_20180913-191627.jpg
    Screenshot_20180913-191627.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 351
:aidan

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1538436073159.jpg
    FB_IMG_1538436073159.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 596
Intermot 2018

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1538494108070.jpg
    FB_IMG_1538494108070.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 578
Anyone know when it is due to be launched?

The Guzzi V85 Tutto Terreno will arrive in February of 2019. Some 20 years after the launch of the unsuccessful Guzzi Quota (remember that one?), A revitalized Moto Guzzi comes again with an all road. Guzzi goes on an adventure with this Tutto Terreno in every sense of the word, but based on what we already know, the chances of success for the new all-road are particularly great.

Translated from the news article..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181002-170739.jpg
    Screenshot_20181002-170739.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 516

Back
Top Bottom