New Guzzi V85 looks good.

As I've already put a deposit on the V85 I was very keen to have a look and a sit on it at the bike show. The bike at the show was decked out with a couple of grands worth of extras i.e. Exhaust, ohlins rear shock. full alloy luggage, and touring screen. So the bike at the show would likely be priced somewhere in the region of 13.5K. I must say it didn't look like a 13.5k bike. TFT was not powered up but looked fairly small, sitting on the bike ergonomics felt very nice for me, but the bike was locked on it's centre stand, so no idea of realistic seat height. Switchgear looked and felt a little cheap as did other areas of the bike.

Swingarm looked a little flimsy and had that very difficult to clean mottled finish. I felt overall that the fit and finish where not as good as my 2005 Breva. The staff on the stand actually knew considerably less about the bike than I did.

A little disappointed, but I'll wait until it's in the dealers and have had a test ride before coming to any final conclusion. The one thing the staff did tell me was that they are expecting 75 bikes into the country early January and these will all be the colour of the concept bike.

I’m a little disappointed at the weight, it seems to have put on too many extra Kgs compared the the V7 series. At 230 Kgs wet it’s in the same ball park as the GS850 and I was hoping for something lighter than my 1200r. Hopefully a reasonable amount of the first batch of bikes will be used by dealers as demos

I seem to recall issues with the drive on the older TT and NTV models due to the increased ride height and consequential increase in angle between engine and driveshaft. Heopefully they have solved this problem.

Disappointed in the weight, and not loving those long vulnerable cast aluminium passenger footpeg hangers.

I hope the suspension is better on the production bike,
In the clip where the bike is being ridden on the sand ,the tyres are leaving the ground a fair bit.:confused:

That was pretty bad wasn't it.

I despair of Guzzi sometimes, they always seem to do everything nine tenths. They try to be one of the big boys but never quite pull it off in one way or another,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in this case all they had to do was wind everything back on the rear shock or even fit a more compliant shock just for the shoot. Or just not show the back end having a mind of it's own :nenau

And as for THIS IS ROCK / THIS IS ROAD.........who are they trying to sell the bike to, 10 year olds :rolleyes:

Andres

That was pretty bad wasn't it.

I despair of Guzzi sometimes, they always seem to do everything nine tenths. They try to be one of the big boys but never quite pull it off in one way or another,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in this case all they had to do was wind everything back on the rear shock or even fit a more complaint shock just for the shoot. Or just not show the back end having a mind of it's own :nenau

And as for THIS IS ROCK / THIS IS ROAD.........who are they trying to sell the bike to, 10 year olds :rolleyes:

Andres

Selling a lifestyle dahrling. "Ooh! look....this could be me. A gorgeous young woman that simply adores me on the back, stunning scenery wherever I go and a bike that will give me an almost god-like riding ability. This will make my life complete."

I really liked the look of the bike from all the pictures and publicity in all the build up to the Show, and had registered an interest for a test ride when they come out.

When I saw it in the flesh and sat on it I was a bit disappointed as it just didn't look very well put together!

Hoping a test ride on the final production model will change my mind and re-awaken my desire to buy one.

I really liked the look of the bike from all the pictures and publicity in all the build up to the Show, and had registered an interest for a test ride when they come out.

When I saw it in the flesh and sat on it I was a bit disappointed as it just didn't look very well put together!

Hoping a test ride on the final production model will change my mind and re-awaken my desire to buy one.

Absolutely agree - went to the show and was underwhelmed by the quality of the bike on display - switch gear was low quality, wiring loops hanging loose from the headstock, paint missing from the pannier mounts, etc... I can only assume the bike on display was thrown together for the show. I'll give it a test ride as planned but I now have my doubts regarding the quality of the product.

:aidan

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1546808432475.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546808432475.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 717
:aidan

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1547163451337.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547163451337.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 641
Am I the only one who wishes they'd kept the red frame on the darker colours?

My local dealer is a scooter shop so I popped in yesterday to register interest for a test ride. Nice bloke but wanted £100 deposit (refundable of course if you don't buy it) just to go on the list for a test ride! :blast

I politely declined and said I'd pop back in March to look at the quality of the demo bike before deciding whether I wanted to test ride it.

Toddmeister,
You can register interest on the moto guzzi uk site (actually it's the sub site "discover v85") and they'll email you when your local dealer gets a demo bike in. No way do you need to pop down a deposit, even guzzi aren't that mad?

I agree on the red frame, would look nice on the grey and blue but looking at other forums the yellow/white one is a bit marmite, so I guess they want to keep the alternative low key?

Given the stated launch timescales I'd expect magazine test event to be publicised soon?

Toddmeister,
You can register interest on the moto guzzi uk site (actually it's the sub site "discover v85") and they'll email you when your local dealer gets a demo bike in. No way do you need to pop down a deposit, even guzzi aren't that mad?

I agree on the red frame, would look nice on the grey and blue but looking at other forums the yellow/white one is a bit marmite, so I guess they want to keep the alternative low key?

Given the stated launch timescales I'd expect magazine test event to be publicised soon?

Thanks Davey, I registered interest on the UK site a few months ago and have had a couple of emails but nothing yet about a demo bike at a local dealer. At the Show I was chatting to the guy on the Guzzi stand about a test ride and it seems the only Dealer around here is in Maidenhead and it's mostly a scooter shop that has a few Guzzis tucked away at the back. Even so he is a registered dealer with Guzzi approved workshop and is getting a demo bike.

When I popped in to speak to him I have to say the request for a deposit surprised me a bit as I've never come across that before! I'll probably just wait till he's got it in and then take a look at the build quality. Hoping it will be better than the one at the Show which looked a bit shit if I'm honest.

Just in from Piaggio:
"The new Moto Guzzi V85 TT will be on sale in March at £10,899 OTR for single-colour options and £11,099 OTR for dual-colour premium colour options."

Considering it’s on sale in less than two months you’d think they’d list it on their site with loads of pictures and nice photos rather than a “discover v85” site. Still interested as it’s the smallest capacity shaft drive bike out there and as an ex love/hate owner of a Stelvio I’d love another Guzzi. Roll on March... Rouge Volcano for me :thumb

Rouge Kalahari or the Jaune Sahara seem to be the nicest colour options, the solid colours look too plain , especially without the red frame as mentioned above .

Guzzi ownership (used to?) involve a level of unreliability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom