New Guzzi V85 looks good.

Inner tube in the 21st century? Even the Stelvio had laced spoked wheels (Alpina brand I think) that could run tubeless tyres. Nice looking bike though, I do like Guzzis.

The Tyres are tubeless. Spoked times but tubeless.

The MCN review states that they are tubed tyres, (4th paragraph under 'ride quality and brakes) I know the Bennetts review states tubeless. My 2017 Triumph T120 came with spoked wheels inner tubes and Pirelli tubeless tyres, despite the tyre sidewall stating 'tubeless'. I think thats what the bennetts reviewer has seen. The spokes on the wheels dont look like the type fitted to Alpina spoked tubeless rims on the Stelvio, KTMs, or the ones fitted to my T120.

Looking at the Visordown article is the first time I’ve seen the red/white scheme .....me likey . :bounce1 :thumb2

Attachments

• 27DA45ED-B93F-4CCA-B6DB-9F6F91B0EB30.jpg
    27DA45ED-B93F-4CCA-B6DB-9F6F91B0EB30.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 648
I may be wrong on the tubes, I was going by the Bennett’s review. What do bike journalists know about it.
MCN day that they are going to have an R1200GS Adventure in long term test this year....even though both the new bike and the picture they used is a 1250.

Anyway, shame the yellow one has been labelled McDonalds. On first look I wasn’t taken with the red and white one. After a few more looks I like it more and more.

Having owned a V65TT, I'm loving the looks and impressions of this V85TT.

But, all these stupid fucking modern day category names really boil my piss.....from the Bennetts link....

" First we had adventure travel bikes – Then we had adventure enduros . And then we had adventure scramblers.
And now, thanks to tireless ingenuity of the motorcycle-making elves at Mandello del Lario, we have the ‘classic enduro’. "

FFS....stop all this trendy tagging.
"Classic Enduro" ..... a brand new bike. :D

Why the fook does everything need to have a fooking trendy arse tag nowadays ?

And "packs", FFS.
Touring pack.
Off road pack.
Rainy day pack.
Sunny day pack.
Most will only need a Cafe pack. :D

I'll let someone else comment on the stupid fucking test rider with elbows up and head down behind the screen. :augie

I do like the bike though. :D

Are you channeling Att????

Having owned a V65TT, I'm loving the looks and impressions of this V85TT.

But, all these stupid fucking modern day category names really boil my piss.....from the Bennetts link....

" First we had adventure travel bikes – Then we had adventure enduros . And then we had adventure scramblers.
And now, thanks to tireless ingenuity of the motorcycle-making elves at Mandello del Lario, we have the ‘classic enduro’. "

FFS....stop all this trendy tagging.
"Classic Enduro" ..... a brand new bike. :D

Why the fook does everything need to have a fooking trendy arse tag nowadays ?

And "packs", FFS.
Touring pack.
Off road pack.
Rainy day pack.
Sunny day pack.
Most will only need a Cafe pack. :D

I'll let someone else comment on the stupid fucking test rider with elbows up and head down behind the screen. :augie

I do like the bike though. :D

I’ve always had a bike but had a big gap in biking media input from 1991 when we set off for Cape Town until 2003/4 when I got the hang of the internet. Across that time I found everyone was speaking a different language - pigeon holing bikes into allsorts of different categories whereas before, to me, they were just bikes - then there was all the ATGATT stuff, metal panniers, posing etc. etc.

I used to take bikes seriously up until then but these days it all seems to be dumbed down to the E&C clean biker, fancy kit, boring twat (1200) stuff.

Edit: Ilike the V85 as well but I think it’ll be too buzzy for my taste.

Pretty crap review !!

There's nowt to beat a full and detailed written review by someone whose knowledge and judgement you trust. For me that used to be Dave Minton of Motor Cyclist Illustrated.

Wrinklyowlie of this parish will no doubt do the full monty in the next couple of weeks. No pressure , Steve! :D

Or Kev Ash (R.I.P.). Visordown has a review on YT, not much better, but at least it has some details. I like the TFT - it’s a bit small but the layout and colour scheme is a bit different. General consensus so far seems to be a great overall package, well-made and well thought-out. Not a racer so not bothered by lack of hp, and the flat torque curve promises enough fun and games. Could well be the next bike for me, subject to test ride, of course!

Definitely TUBED tyres, no option for a tubeless wheel yet. I did read recently of a company just outside Birmingham that has developed a system for converting tubed wheels to tubeless.

Definitely TUBED tyres, no option for a tubeless wheel yet. I did read recently of a company just outside Birmingham that has developed a system for converting tubed wheels to tubeless.

Never mind all that Steve, when are you getting the bike? Some of us are eagerly awaiting your detailed report (and pictures) :thumb2:beerjug:

System called Outex available from Japan via eBay for £100-120 as used by an inmate on his Africa Twin.

There's nowt to beat a full and detailed written review by someone whose knowledge and judgement you trust. For me that used to be Dave Minton of Motor Cyclist Illustrated.

Wrinklyowlie of this parish will no doubt do the full monty in the next couple of weeks. No pressure , Steve! :D

Call from Teasdales today, test booked for 10am next Wednesday, that's not tomorrow but next week. Not sure that I'm up to Kev Ash or Dave Minton's standard, well actually I am sure, and I'm not, but I will give it my best shot.
In a funny sort of way I'm hoping not to be blown away by it. I have a feeling I might be though. Being a bike whore is a bitch at times.:green gri

Call from Teasdales today, test booked for 10am next Wednesday, that's not tomorrow but next week. Not sure that I'm up to Kev Ash or Dave Minton's standard, well actually I am sure, and I'm not, but I will give it my best shot.
In a funny sort of way I'm hoping not to be blown away by it. I have a feeling I might be though. Being a bike whore is a bitch at times.:green gri

I saw it in there
Looks bloody fantastic

You must have been in there sharpish JB, Told me they only unboxed it at lunchtime. Not sure why they're not getting it PDI'd before the W/E, they must be busy.

You must have been in there sharpish JB, Told me they only unboxed it at lunchtime. Not sure why they're not getting it PDI'd before the W/E, they must be busy.

I dropped in to have a look at a 790R and there was the V85TT in front of it
Once I saw the Guzzi, my interest on the 790 waned

Back
Top Bottom