New Guzzi V85 looks good.

Mechanicals? Electrics? Ignition? Where were the frailties?

I am familiar with Italian bikes, my Ducati has a great ignition circuit but things like the clocks just seem to work when they feel like it... I always assumed it was something to do with Italian Bank holidays. :D

Imagine all the shite that is going to be frown up from the lack of a lower front mudguard..

:(

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1548199774227.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548199774227.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 761
It’s a motorbike not a car & how it should be, every time :)

Practical shit is for sensible people and MWB owners.

Andres
Precisely,it should give a stiffy when you look at it,
Make hairs on the back of your neck stand up when you fire it up,
And a stupid ear to ear grin when you ride it.:D:D

I don't see an eighties throw back front mudguard as being very stylish, I doubt many are going to see deep, clagy mud. It's just an air brake, neither use nor ornament.
A proper rolled edge, close fitting, steel or ally mudguard would be better and good for +10mph flat out.
Better protection for the front of the engine and better air flow over it.

Imagine all the shite that is going to be frown up from the lack of a lower front mudguard..

It's all about perceived style over function, the stylist has either never owned a motorcycle, or if he does hasn't bothered to keep it clean. As most front and rear mudguards are plastic I wish manufacturers would put proper full size ones on with molded cut-off lines on the underside.

What was the hate part? I am interested because I'm increasingly drawn to Guzzi ownership.

I had a “Friday afternoon” Stelvio - the earlier 4V version. Lots of character but fuelling was appalling, get it above 5K revs and it felt like it was going to shake itself to bits, got no more than about 35mpg even riding like a nun and the damn thing hated starting below about 10C. Strange as in some respects very solidly built (Reynolds steel tubing used in the frame, fully adjustable suspension and a lovely ride quality), but borderline unusable as my only form of transport at the time. It’s strange how few big Guzzis appear for sale now - either there are a lot of happy owners or they’ve been scrapped :D

From guzzi Facebook page..

Production started yesterday.

:clap :clap :clap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190207-161029.jpg
    Screenshot_20190207-161029.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 551
And officially..

Attachments

• 20190207_184456.png
    20190207_184456.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 455
  • Screenshot_20190207-184353.jpg
    Screenshot_20190207-184353.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 518
Well, I've had my deposit down for a few month's now. Dealer rang me yesterday to inform me it should be available to test 1st or 2nd week in March.

Production crew look happy to be making them.
So the first one is Atacama Grey.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1549652968404.jpg
    FB_IMG_1549652968404.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 760
:beerjug:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1549661174769.jpg
    FB_IMG_1549661174769.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 713
Good read thanks for posting the link. One detail I noticed has me a little concerned "The fuel tank holds up to 5.54 gal and is made with a dense kind of polyethylene:" So many plastic tanks have proved problematic with ethanol and other components of what we now call gasoline causing paint to peel or discolour even the tanks themselves to swell. Didn't Guzzi use plastic tanks on the earlier V7 series then change to steel around 2014 touting the advantage of steel?

Good read thanks for posting the link. One detail I noticed has me a little concerned "The fuel tank holds up to 5.54 gal and is made with a dense kind of polyethylene:" So many plastic tanks have proved problematic with ethanol and other components of what we now call gasoline causing paint to peel or discolour even the tanks themselves to swell. Didn't Guzzi use plastic tanks on the earlier V7 series then change to steel around 2014 touting the advantage of steel?

car fuel tanks have been polythene for a long time - I think they have the compound formulated now to be ethanol resistant...

car fuel tanks have been polythene for a long time - I think they have the compound formulated now to be ethanol resistant...

But they are hidden and unfinished, same as some under seat tanks on motorcycles. So no paint and if they swell or distort not a problem.

But surely Piaggio researched this. Then again they are still using a half plastic fuel filter (made for deisel applications) that is prone to splitting.

Back
Top Bottom