HELP - Gear position potentiometer / malfunction

My USB GS911 doesn't seem to have those adaption values for the gear position indicator. Is that because my bike is too old (2006 GS Adventure) or am I missing something with my GS911?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

According to the picture Kenny Rodkiss posted, his is a GSA
Have you got the latest software on yours?
I'm really dreading buying one and finding that it won't help my issue
:eek:
My bike is 06 GS

Only bought it 6 months ago but will need to check if latest software is on it. I believe WiFi model maybe does more (mine is USB only) but maybe it is only later bikes it works on - not sure.

If the clutch switch is not operating, the bike will start ONLY when the gear lever potentiometer indicates neutral.

Thanks Bendy boy
I have ordered a GS911
Hope that will fix the problem

Nope I have no Adaptions under my sub menus :nenau

I have just tried to update my GS-911 but it keeps failing :(

Will keep trying.

Got it now :blast

It was under Engine > Service Functions and then in a drop down on RHS of screen:

Didn't expect it to be under engine :blast

To reset the Adaptions it comes to this page:

- I haven't gone any further as I only want to reset the gear lever stuff and not sure if this means I have to reset everything :nenau
Will do some more reading before going further.

Software version I'm now using is latest version.

Last time I did this I reset adaptations then took the bike for a spin spending at least 10 seconds in each gear. Back home checked the values and they should something like post #14.

Ok will give it a try sometime - assuming reset of the other stuff will do no harm.

I think the update on the 911 failed several times due to my crappy internet connection at home - the 911 is a genuine one bought from Ilexa.

OK. I have my shinny new GS911 and after a quick play managed to clear the fault codes (it showed fault with gear position) and now have Neutral back on display.
Have not performed a reset / adaptation yet.
Will test bike first to see if this is enough (just in case it helps someone else in the future)

Good info.
I think I'll wait until my bike is in for maintenance and get this done.

Sent from a U11

Well, to close out my original problem.....
Bike is fine now. It did not need adaptations clearing. All I did was clear the fault codes.
:chickendance
Hope this helps someone with same problem.
Now I need to learn all the functions on the GS911 :p

Thanks to all that assisted

Well, to close out my original problem.....
Bike is fine now. It did not need adaptations clearing. All I did was clear the fault codes.
:chickendance
Hope this helps someone with same problem.
Now I need to learn all the functions on the GS911 :p

Thanks to all that assisted

Glad it all worked out........hopefully it's all that's wrong with mine.

Back
Top Bottom