Is he taking the piss??

Before you know it it will seem cheap.....;)

It's not THAT long ago, that I saw an original Ducati 900SS advertised at £12K.....I was gobsmacked, shook my head and said 'No way'.....

Wish that I had bought it.....:blast

Like everything in this world it is worth what someone will pay for it .:thumby:
The times I have looked at something and laughed but later in life cried at what it was worth and what I could have made

P.S in hindsight we would all be millionaires :rob:rob

It’s not far off the mark for what it is BUT for me it’s not “100% original “ if it’s been “restored” as it has been.
Mint, original condition means patina, wear, history, etc.
That’s been erased even though all the parts might be the ones it came with (well that they got it with anyway...)

Are there any others in the UK to measure price/value against? I have to confess, I always thought the retro W650/800 bikes were a 1960s Brit bike rip-off, which makes this thing is a missing link.

Frank has been trying to sell this one for well over a year. £10k I could understand.........maybe, but to set the bar at BSA RGS money seems a tad rich.

Probably needs to try his luck at Auction, but make sure it's an early lot.

Are there any others in the UK to measure price/value against? I have to confess, I always thought the retro W650/800 bikes were a 1960s Brit bike rip-off, which makes this thing is a missing link.

The bike for sale is a W1 and nothing like the later W650/W800. The W1 is a BSA rip off whereas the later bikes are Kawasaki's own OHC/balance shafted jobbys.....:)

grab a cuppa tea.......Kawasaki W series - Wikipedia

look at the price of 1980's 911's in good nick - saw a 1986 911 the other day advertised for a touch under £75k

"Dealers" will always keep trying to push the limit ........in many areas

Back
Top Bottom