MV Agusta

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What do you lot know/think about modern MVs.
I've been offered a nice 312 and very tempted.
Positive:
Great Italian manufacturer and I've never owned one.
Great history.
Very rare.
Seem fairly quick

Negatives:
Italian build quality
Company goes bust every year.
Getting spares may be problematic.

What say you lot?

Add beautiful looking and very cool to the positives

Regarding you negatives

1. They look well built to me .

2 that doesn’t matter they’ll always come back and right now seem very buoyant

3 IF THEY ARE it’s not such a big deal as it won’t be your only bike that you’ll have :aidan

Just look at the positives, they are stunning and you deserve one . Life is too short , have fun while you can. If you don’t like it sell it .:D

Finally got to see the bike last week. Seller said it was reduced from £7,500 to £5,000 for quick sale.

What a complete crock of shit. Owned for two years and never ridden. Seat smashed from where it was knocked over when parked in street. Screen and fairing also damaged. Chain and sprockets extremely rusty. Looked as though it had been used as a boat anchor.
Battery flat despite knowing I was coming to view.
Bike has lived outside for last two years and is basically worthless. Non runner in dreadful condition. Seller seemed surprised that I didn't want to buy it at any price!

Get yourself a mint 2005 GSXR 750.

Bung on some plush suspension - and enjoy the fcuk out of it on the road or track

Al

Found a much better one yesterday and bought it. Awesome bike! Tiny size but incredible power. Best front end of any bike I've ever ridden.

Nice one Sid, but get some bar risers ASAP.

Took the MV up to Elvington last week for Top Speed Tuesday.
1,000 mile drive from my new home in South of France.
Bike is 100% standard as it left the factory in Dec 2012. The Italians reckon it is good for 186 mph but we all know that they lie.
First run was 179 mph so suitably impressed.
Second run 183 mph so very impressed.
Third run and I concentrated on tucking in and being as aerodynamic as possible. Speed after one mile 188.7 mph! Not bad for standard production bike.

I'm sure I could have squeezed a few more mph but happy with that so parked up MV and went to play on my Busa Turbo.
211 mph with old tyre still spinning at mile marker!

1) Do you want it?

2) Can you afford it?

If both answers are a 'yes' then buy it ... if there's a 'no' in there then don't!

Simples :D

:beerjug:

Good of you to help him decide Micky, but he said yes to both and bought one a month ago!

Back
Top Bottom