Steamed specs

chipsonfriday

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve just started to wear glasses and although my helmet has pinlock and is well ventilated (Shoei Neotec) and the visor stays clear, my glasses fog up.

Any product out there that can stop this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rain-Ex on them would help.

Not sure how it copes with coated lenses though.

There are two types - one for glass and one for plastics. Use the right one.

You will have a load left over, so if you get the glass one:

Glass showers, bathroom mirrors, house window external surfaces, car windows etc

Plastics one:
plastic shower screens
helmet visors
etc

NOTHING.....IMHO.

Nothing that I have ever tried has actually STOPPED my spec and/or visor steaming up ALWAYS.

Even MotoGP riders struggle with visors steaming up (not the same as glasses but same ball park)....

Get used to it......:(

NOTHING.....IMHO.

Nothing that I have ever tried has actually STOPPED my spec and/or visor steaming up ALWAYS.

Even MotoGP riders struggle with visors steaming up (not the same as glasses but same ball park)....

Get used to it......:(
YEP!....Wot he said :rob

In my experience (don't wear specs, but steaming up in general), keeping the inside of your visor scrupulously clean, whilst not solving the problem, does help.

I always carry (yes, a bit ocd ..!) the alcohol glass cleaning wipes and am constantly cleaning my shades and the inside of my visor. If it's surgical instrument sterile clean then there's less for the moisture to hang on to if that makes sense ... :thumb2

I've never had a problem unless its really wet. Then it becomes a pain of balancing keeping water out but opening the visor to get airflow through.

Have you got chunky cheeks :D

RBW.

Tried RainEx?

Yes? No?

Al
Use Rain X on the car and find it works a treat, over time it seems to get better, maybe because the replication builds a better barrier....as for my specs, it didn't do them any harm but it didn't work, my visor I use a Pinlock and don't have any issues.

I am going to try the Rain X for plastic on the front of my visor but solely for the wicking ability that the glass one has on my car windscreen, hopefully it will be as good.

Rain ex is shite............IMHO.

Try Fog Tech.............. It works better than all the other products I've tried.

http://motosolutions.com/fogtech.html

If I'm touring, contact lenses work the best for me.

Good luck.

+ 1 for Fogtech. It works 100% for me. Make sure your lenses are clean, apply with the supplied cloth, wait 10 mins to dry then polish to remove excess. The small bottle I have is still 1/4 full after 2 1/2 years.

I've never had a problem unless its really wet. Then it becomes a pain of balancing keeping water out but opening the visor to get airflow through.

Have you got chunky cheeks :D

RBW.

Cheeks are fine thanks. Seems only really bad in really wet or foggy weather.

I reckon this is temperature related so maybe I should put my specs in the fridge for an hour or so :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom