Nolan N104 - any experience out there?

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a flip helmet and the Nolan seems well rated by Sharp tests. Some users seem to find it noisy though. Any informed comment welcome.

Most flips will be noisier than a non-flip, we should be using ear plugs anyway, I use the Shark Evoline3 and think the benefits outweigh the slightly noisier performance than my Arai

A mate bought one 3 months ago and says it is the best flip helmet he has used. He rides 15,000 miles a year commuting between Leeds, Norwich, Dublin and the Cotswolds. He was crafty and got his girlfriend to buy one first.

I bought a Neotec when M&P had them for £299. Only ridden 70 miles with it on but good first impressions. I like Shoei as they a) fit me b) are comfortable and c) last a long time

speeling

I used a N104 for years, good enough helmet if slightly heavy, now use an Evoline 3 flip up and also heavy and subject to misting in the rain (no pinlock).

BUT for touring I now use a Nolan N44 https://www.motocard.com/en/helmets...MI2L-uwti41wIVixbTCh3PTgoIEAQYBCABEgIvBvD_BwE
Great deep visor - excellent all round vision and removeable chinbar makes for great ventilation in warm climates(with still a deep visor offering protection full face.

I had a N104 which was fitted with the Ncom WIFI communications kit. At the time the helmet was the only flip up which was approved for riding with it flipped up (though I never tried it). The Ncom system was brilliant but the helmet was the most uncomfortable I have ever had and left my ears feeling like they were bleeding after only 30 miles or so. It was also quite heavy and noisy. The comfort issue may have been because of the Ncom fitment.
I now use a Schubert C3 pro which is much lighter, quieter, and more comfortable.
If you go for an N104 I suggest you take it for an extended test ride first to ensure it fits your head shape well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had one for a couple of years and covered over 20k in it. Fabulously comfy for 8 hour days, excellent visor and flip down sun shade, had to get a new pinlock as the seal went on the original. Difficult to fit my Sena SMH 10 with the clamps as the neck curtain is too wide but you can fix it with the sticky pads. For the £200 I paid I'm well happy. Tried EVERY other make recently to see if I could do better but either they didn't fit my head shape well enough (Shoei, Schuberth etc) or they were flimsily built. Until Arai build a flip front I'll stick with the Nolan

I used a N104 for years, good enough helmet if slightly heavy, now use an Evoline 3 flip up and also heavy and subject to misting in the rain (no pinlock).

BUT for touring I now use a Nolan N44 https://www.motocard.com/en/helmets...MI2L-uwti41wIVixbTCh3PTgoIEAQYBCABEgIvBvD_BwE
Great deep visor - excellent all round vision and removeable chinbar makes for great ventilation in warm climates(with still a deep visor offering protection full face.

The N44 looks,promising right enough. Where did ypu get yours?

Bought it online from where I can't remember, just went for a plain white though......

Having an N104 , I just ordered the same size and was ok..

Back
Top Bottom