Best time to strike a deal

Were you at NOG Ash?

No Nin, not NOG. Are there good deals there? Interesting how the corporate machine has flex from dealership to dealership. Shows that they have flexibility and aren’t totally controlled, I suppose.

They had two TBs left in stock and sold both yesterday. I can’t work out how they made any money in the deal they did for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We all like to think that we’re getting a good deal but knowing who has them and when they have them on the table is the difficult bit, short of constantly hounding numerous dealers it’s probably the luck of the draw and being in the right place at the right time with regards to what we actually end up with.

If you want to find the best deal, Speak to me just after I buy a new bike, I always find a super deal after buying.
This year I pay £15,950, three weeks later same dealer same bike £13,750 inc luggage.

Hmm. Maybe a triple black adventure with tft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I guess your short love affair with KTM is over? ;0)
Must admit. I do like the new BMW Tft.

Just know I am going to own one soon. Maybe.

Between Xmas and new year is a good time. I got a great deal in my GS and picked it up in Jan this year

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So I guess your short love affair with KTM is over? ;0)
Must admit. I do like the new BMW Tft.

Just know I am going to own one soon. Maybe.

Looks like it! I do really like the 1290 SA-T that I had for a while, but silly little things turned me back to the TB side, and when the tft came out I was convinced (one thing I don’t like on the current GS is the clocks).

Th GS has its faults too, but on the KTM it was the shonky switchgear, chain lube on my leg, the rubbish screen and the low speed, in traffic throttle that did it for me.

Both are great bikes though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you want to find the best deal, Speak to me just after I buy a new bike, I always find a super deal after buying.
This year I pay £15,950, three weeks later same dealer same bike £13,750 inc luggage.

At this moment the deal that has been offered to me is only verbal, so I’d be interested in knowing if other dealers have any extra special deals up thier sleeves...

Next week is probably too late as there will only be skeleton staff in the dealership and the 2017 data has probably been sent into HQ. It is unlikely a dealer would be able to get the paperwork done to get a bike registered in 2017 and they will be prepping the vehicles already sold and going out in the first week of 2018. As said above from the dealer quote in MCN, you need to get in 2 weeks before Xmas to allow the paper chain to be completed.

I have bought 2 bikes recently with heavy discounts. The BMW had to be registered in Sept 2016 to qualify for a £1000 discount as Cotswold were desperate to hit an end of quarter target by shifting as many of the Euro 3 spec. bikes in stock as possible. My new bike was cheaper than an ex-demo bike.

My Triumph had to be registered before the end of May 2017, although I took delivery in June. That came with a huge accessory bundle and a reasonable part-ex deal.

There is no universal rule as there are many variables. For me, it was the combination of the quarterly bonus target and the need to shift Euro 3 bikes on the BMW and for the Triumph, they needed to shift the warehouse full of Gen 2 Explorers before they started to make stock for the new 2018 model launch. You need to do model specific research to get the best deal unless you are the type to react on impulse to something like the annual KTM pre-Xmas splurge.

I was quite tempted to swap at the end of this year but decided to wait and get an 18 plate bike. Swings and roundabouts... the benefit will come when selling; 18 plate vs 17 plate, it won’t be significant but any slight advantage is good when it comes to selling vehicles.

I was quite tempted to swap at the end of this year but decided to wait and get an 18 plate bike. Swings and roundabouts... the benefit will come when selling; 18 plate vs 17 plate, it won’t be significant but any slight advantage is good when it comes to selling vehicles.

I’ve just ordered a 19 plate bike. Got a cracking deal.:beerjug::D

Back
Top Bottom