Best time to strike a deal

nice1myson

Reaction score
As per title when is the best time to strike when buying from a dealer , i'm after a deal but not sure when to strike and pull the plug . I know dealers have targets to reach ........would just after xmas be a good time :beerjug:

Any time from now onwards.

Not sure what outward signs they may display that they are keen to meet their targets - you can always ask, prepared to walk away?

You may have to do some donkey-work, as most would prefer a face-to-face negotiation, I think

I think after Christmas isnt a good time - a lot will close for that period.

Give Steve Parry at Chester Motorrad a call - He claims to have good deals this year, and did me a great one a year ago.

Al

Last working week in March.

End of Financial Year for most dealers

all dealers are different, it is all about how their targets are on the monthly / Quarterly/ but in general when there periods are close to the end and if they need to sell a few to hit a target they will sell at a loss to gain far more benefits later. Some dealers who have hit a target will give no discount at all

That would surprise me, to be honest - as the new season is picking up steam, and most sales occur.

Look at how many bikes they are managing to sell in November/December, and you would assume their targets are less achievable without some inducement?

Al

I emailed six dealers towards the end of February asking for their best price on a March 2015 GS TE, i.e. the latest ESA version with self leveling suspension. I got 4 responses and the best was from Balderstons. When they also agreed to include a free first service I decided to go with them rather than wait for any more responses. I've been very pleased with them and the bike which I collected on March 16th.

One of the best Prices I ever got was from Barnstormers in Alton, they seem always willing to do a deal and suppose to be a pretty good all round dealer. although I have never bought a bike off them so far.
Also do not be afraid to play dealers off against one another, I also found sometimes the local dealer was always the worse price as they think they will get the business as being close to you, where as dealers afar will give better prices as they are getting a sale they would not expect.

Certainly the end of a quarter for Cooper, and targets still to be met. My GS last year was ordered late March, for delivery by the end of the month.

Asking for the first service is always worth it, and usually got. It costs the dealer not a lot. Don't ask, you won't get.

There's piece in the this week's MCN, an interview with a large dealer, who says the best time is from now until the new year, with the best time being last 2 weeks before xmas. He says that from Jan onwards prices start to rise again as typically this is the time when dealers start to buy up stock.

Certainly the end of a quarter for Cooper, and targets still to be met. My GS last year was ordered late March, for delivery by the end of the month.

Asking for the first service is always worth it, and usually got. It costs the dealer not a lot. Don't ask, you won't get.

Sound advice :thumby:

There's piece in the this week's MCN, an interview with a large dealer, who says the best time is from now until the new year, with the best time being last 2 weeks before xmas. He says that from Jan onwards prices start to rise again as typically this is the time when dealers start to buy up stock.

Bought an R-Nine T Scrambler and a BMW 7 Series from the same dealer in December last year seven days before Christmas and saved £36k over RRP ;)

Timing is everything :clap

I’ve bought a few Bmw bikes this year, I’ve found that one dealer that was able to do a deal one day isn’t able to repeat the deal a few weeks later, it depends on Target & stock levels of the trade in, they do vary so just because they’ve offered a crap deal or even a great deal, try them again but don’t be surprised to get different results..
(If u know what I mean)

If they have a load of bikes in stock, I reckon it is a good time to try and get a deal, but be prepared to walk away, leave them your details, and be patient, and you can bet your last pound they will get back to you.

so they will be some good deals to be had then

As already said, they are all businesses with end of year targets to hit.

You need to phone around and see who's willing to do the best deal for you.

If they know you are serious and can order immediately, they'll do a deal.

I got £1100 off mine.

I’m gonna leave it till the last week before Xmas or even the week between Xmas and new year and see what I can get 👍 I’m after a GSA triple black or met red ,luggage ,tft screen and navigator ,and Akro pipe but not fussed if I can’t get the pipe 👍

Any time from now onwards.

Not sure what outward signs they may display that they are keen to meet their targets - you can always ask, prepared to walk away?

You may have to do some donkey-work, as most would prefer a face-to-face negotiation, I think

I think after Christmas isnt a good time - a lot will close for that period.

Give Steve Parry at Chester Motorrad a call - He claims to have good deals this year, and did me a great one a year ago.

Al

Wot Al said, last christmas chester had some excellent end of year deals, including free luggage, sat nav, etc

End of September, or end of December are the best times to buy a bike, if you want a good deal. ;)

Back
Top Bottom