GS G/S R80 vs R100 exhausts

bernardofeio

Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone help me the differences between R80 and R100 GS exhaust systems?
Valve diameters, head pipe diameters (in and out), collector box (in and out), silencer (in and out)

thanks

None, but after posting this reply there's bound to be someone along in a second who might prove me wrong and you will then have your answer. I do think the answer is none, as long as you're talking about the Paralever GSs, 80 and 100. The earlier G/S silencer is shorter at the tail pipe and I think the GS later one has a fixing somewhere to attach the side panel too. But, as I say, someone will be along any minute, probably called Rob Farmer

Steve.

Stock R80 G/S systems have headers with a bend just before the small collector, and meet it at an angle, GS systems dont and meet the larger collector straight.
G/S can is larger, with different fixings including for side panel .
So not much is interchangeable except a complete system , although the end cans could probably be made to work.
My G/S system is a 800 style Staintune which works fine with the 1000 cc motor, and after the can cracked apart I fitted a small Gletter can which works OK at low revs but runs out of puff over about 5000 revs if baffled down to acceptable levels.

thanks!

this means that I cannot change part of the exhaust system but If I want I can change all at the same time.

There's also a difference between the exhausts on a round headlight and square headlight paralever model.

Back
Top Bottom