Lest we Forget

Remembrance Sunday has, for the past few years, seen me riding west through all sorts of weather, to pay my respects at the Commando Monument memorial at Spean Bridge to those that have given the ultimate sacrifice.

24493511958_58407979d0_z.jpg

24493513988_7a46910bc4_z.jpg

And here are a few more photo’s of my ride to the monument and the ride home

38363970731_939d999006_z.jpg

24493510208_a889d3563a_z.jpg

37650130334_593ffdddfd_z.jpg

38309181906_17180e0bf3_z.jpg

26588799079_20659f9fd3_z.jpg

38333260822_03a150f5cd_z.jpg

38363964351_b7ee4805e4_z.jpg

SteveT

:cool:

Thanks for sharing.

I choose to visit the memorial to pay my respects to the people and comrades that I’ve known and worked with who paid the price.
And also to those that gave of their lives so that you and I can enjoy the lives we currently have.

Having “done” two conflict zones, I feel I have the right to show the world what other people’s sacrifices mean to me by putting up the occasional photograph.
They may also prompt others to think on what others have given for their freedoms.

I defy anyone with an ounce of humanity in them not to be moved by the written feelings of the families of those remembered in such memorials. My tears flow freely when I see those words, because I feel their loss – it is mine also.

To those that vent their ire on this thread - please take it elsewhere. You dishonour those that cannot shout back.

In Lewes, there was a remembrance event in true Lewes style.

235 men and one woman walked to the war memorial with a burning torch to represent someone who had died in WWI from the town and who was named on the war memorial. Each person walked from the house the person lived in and when all 236 were at the memorial, their name, date and cause of death and age at death were read out, at which point the person representing them doused their flame and disappeared behind a cordon of women wearing black, who represented the people left behind. It was an incredible and powerful tribute to those who lost their lives in an utterly pointless and brutal war.
Sounds wonderful. Better than the usual militaristic jingoistic shite we're supposed to accept as 'respect'

You are free to express opinion elsewhere.....not on a thread such as this. But we wouldn't expect the huntingdon prick to understand the difference....he's just a gobby ****.
Did I miss a meeting where you got to dictate who got to post what and where?

Sounds wonderful. Better than the usual militaristic jingoistic shite we're supposed to accept as 'respect'

We're not much of a town for espousing the virtues of the establishment.
We are very much for recognising the people who suffer as a result of establishment bollocks.
See Bonfire for more info.

I admire the lack of moderation in the pub. Free speech etc.

However in a specific part of the forum a mod should have stepped in by now.
So you agree with "lack of moderation in the pub. Free speech etc." except where is differs from your views.:blast

And also to those that gave of their lives so that you and I can enjoy the lives we currently have.

And if Germany had won , what sort of life would we have now ? Like the Germans way of life ?

Another witch hunt ?
We are no where near your abusive and disrespectful post or Martels post ref Simon Jenkins which certainly , as ever , changed the whole atmosphere of the thread .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you hadn’t hijacked the thread as you always do, in a misguided attempt to defend Engineer - while, as always, pushing your own agenda - the atmosphere might have stayed respectful.

And if Germany had won , what sort of life would we have now ? Like the Germans way of life ?
So you believe that if the Nazis had won then Germany would look as it does today? What planet are you on ?

If you hadn’t hijacked the thread as you always do, in a misguided attempt to defend Engineer - while, as always, pushing your own agenda - the atmosphere might have stayed respectful.
Respect ?
It wasn’t me that called a journo a CNUT because I didn’t like his alternative views

So you believe that if the Nazis had won then Germany would look as it does today? What planet are you on ?

So the German people have totally changed their ideology and culture ? It takes hundreds of years for that to happen .

Back
Top Bottom