A bit of Bodgineering

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just finished a couple of days Bodgineering my ‘16 LC;

1. Getting Barkbusters to fit.
You can basically dispense with any of the fitting kit supplied! I had to open out the ferruled holes in the guard by using a small socket, a larger socket and a percussion device. Having removed the BMW guards I then reused the end fittings to attach the busters. Just the job for my arthritic old hands.
IMG_1487-M.jpg

IMG_1488-M.jpg

2. Getting the Touratech toolbox, intended for BMW pannier frames to fit SW motech.
I think the pictures speak for themselves. :D

IMG_1485-M.jpg

IMG_1486-M.jpg

:thumb

Any more pictures of the pannier racks please?

The reason I ask is that I have a set of SW Motech pannier racks for my old bike, Triumph Explorer, and I now have a GSA 1200. I was wondering how far out the racks sit and what the top mounting is like, looks similar to the Triumph fitment (the new SW Motech ones use a different quick release set up looking at the website) and I am able to machine new fittings, a look at some existing ones would be a great help. Cheers Karlos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can basically dispense with any of the fitting kit supplied! I had to open out the ferruled holes in the guard by using a small socket, a larger socket and a percussion device. Having removed the BMW guards I then reused the end fittings to attach the busters. Just the job for my arthritic old hands.

I just removed the aluminium inserts in the bark busters and used a washer so that the BMW bar end bolts gripped the bark buster 0- job done with the BMW hand guards still in place. Quick and easy

I just removed the aluminium inserts in the bark busters and used a washer so that the BMW bar end bolts gripped the bark buster 0- job done with the BMW hand guards still in place. Quick and easy

Me too, I just put them over the BMW hand guards, used a pair of washers I had in the garage on the outside of the Barkbuster Blizards, ...... Job done ! (And my hands are warm again)

Hi

Ive had BB's for the last three years and they fitted without a problem. I'm just about to fit the Blizzards and remove the plastic hand guards. It takes about 30 minutes to swap them over.

Bill

That looks just the job! I too have the SW Motech rig and was wondering how to fix the Touratech toolbox. Any chance of Bodgineering another set of fixings for me? If I tried to do it myself it would end in tears! Happy to pay with Paypal or whatever you prefer. Thanks!

That looks just the job! I too have the SW Motech rig and was wondering how to fix the Touratech toolbox. Any chance of Bodgineering another set of fixings for me? If I tried to do it myself it would end in tears! Happy to pay with Paypal or whatever you prefer. Thanks!
I’m afraid I just used some odd bits of aluminium strip I had lying around so I have no more materials.

OK, if that's the case it doesn't sound too complicated. Any drilling of machining involved?

Love the toolbox/rack.

i have to fit the same box to some Metal Mule racks.

Time to get it sorted.

Back
Top Bottom