Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. Fantastic service and unbelievable performance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utter Crap

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by skid06 View Post
    warlord, could you put a link up?
    http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...?highlight=18w

i`m really surprised at this. I ride with mine on all the time and have ridden through many a long proper rainy day with no issues. i`ve probably jinxed it now....

If the bike is still under 2 year warranty or the extended BMW warranty they will probably replace them with the new 2018 spec waterproof ones.

Thing is on my 2014 bike I used it in some utterly biblical rain with no problems but others I know had the spots pack in the first time they were used in rain (it seems to be a case of sketchy quality control with BMW outside suppliers parts)

If mine pack up, I'd now be inclined to get my screwdrivers out and take it apart.

See what's inside and how I could fix it with a more permanent and better quality standard.

But that's just me... take it to the dealers and keep getting it replaced until your warranty expires

Oh my god, can you see any corrosion yet?

I bought and fitted a pair of the LED ones on my old (Oilcooled) GSA and never had a problem. However, the LED one’s on my LC GSA did pack up but stripped down, they dried out nicely after a couple of days in the airing cupboard and then rebuilt with contact and waterproofing Contralube. So far so good!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    i hardly used these when i had my 2014 GSA, then when i did do they wouldn't turn on. one of them was half full of water. BMW said i had been washing the bike too much and water had ingressed!!! WTF.......after i Had calmed down , one of the techs their told me they were not waterproof ! both were replaced and one of them packed up after another 5 months they are shite items and not worth the £400 odd quid they cost
    Bloody shame spots are not up to spec, but as a GS owner dont you get a warm glow knowing you spent a lot of money on tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    i`m really surprised at this. I ride with mine on all the time and have ridden through many a long proper rainy day with no issues. i`ve probably jinxed it now....
    Me too...

Quote Originally Posted by QRF View Post
    Seven of us rode to Ypres last weekend to lay wreaths at the Menin Gate.
    First time I've really rode through hard persistent rain in the dark, on the bike. Half an hour into it, the right spot light packed up. Then an hour later the left.

Shite
    One of the first things I did on day one from new was to adjust both spots. Tilted them back above a level line. Could help perhaps.

I have got the OEM ones and a set of CREE LED ones fitted as DRLs and controlled through my HEX EZ Can and have not had any bother with either set to date.

I’ve come to the conclusion there is a flaw in the way the Ezcan's are programmed. You really need 3 high output channels so you can run DRL's separately to maximize what the Ezcan can do and then a third to run a high capacity horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    I’ve come to the conclusion there is a flaw in the way the Ezcan's are programmed. You really need 3 high output channels so you can run DRL's separately to maximize what the Ezcan can do and then a third to run a high capacity horn.
    You can already do this Andy, the fuse rating for the outputs can be changed via the software.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12