Indicator microswitch

Buy at least two switches Cyclistbruse as you will melt one unless you are very very careful with the soldering iron. DAMHIK :blast

Buy at least two switches Cyclistbruse as you will melt one unless you are very very careful with the soldering iron. DAMHIK :blast

Good eyes, a steady hand and a small soldering iron required ☺

Must admit I paid a tv repair shop to do the soldering and shrink wrap‘em with a 6in length of wire on the two bought. My eyes could not focus nor hands keep still.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

If my memory serves me correctly, the most "difficult" bit was routing the cable correctly inside the switch when re-assembling. As above, small soldering iron required.......

James Sherlock sells the micro switches as well.
https://www.james-sherlock.co.uk/shop/r850-r1100-r1150-r1200c/electrics/switches-962/handlebar-switch-clusters/indicator-switch-detail

A bit pricey (£12 per switch) but they have been a perfect fit.
Within a month or so both gone kaput on my GS (>100k) :blast
As already mentioned. Some fine soldering skills required...

At least we don't have to rely on some kind soul to do a bulk order from the good ol' USA anymore...

On a similar note, does anyone know where I can buy the front brake microswitch for an 1100?

I know that the usual people sell the switches connected to the wire, but 42 pounds seems a lot for just a switch and some wire.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom