EnduroGuard Suit

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I picked up my new EndurGuard suit on Friday from CW.

I probably waited 6 months to buy the pair together and just as well as I’ve lost weight and bought the jacket one size and the trousers two sizes smaller than I first tried on.

I have a Klim suit a Rukka (both to sell) I also have a Aerostitch Roadcrafter. I haven’t worn the new suit in the rain yet, but I have ridden about 70 miles in the fricking cold.

First impressions are very comfortable, easy to put on and get off, certainly comparable with the Klim and Rukka but very much cheaper.

If it proves to be as waterproof as the others I can5 see me rushing back to spend a lot more dosh on something no better.

Is it a pro-shell/ laminate like the Rukka and Klim?

Chester Motorrad have 25% of all clothing on Saturdays in November, which makes for some very good savings. Picked up a GS DRY suit last weekend. First impressions are very good. Not a laminate shell, so may need a light over jacket for very wet weather.

After 25+ years of Rukka I’ve just done a similar thing. Like the Enduro suit a lot. Cuffs are a bit of a faff to tuck the gloves in though. Noticed the comment re different sizes between jacket and trousers. I’ve gone for one size smaller on the trousers from the jacket. As a result, as per the Atlantis suit I ended up with a mismatched connection zip and a definite twist to starboard when fastened up. With Rukka, regardless of size differentials the zips align ok. Apart from that it’s a good suit. I particularly like the fact that I didn’t have to pay for thermal liners, as I always remove them and layer up with merino anyway.

I have found it easy to put on and get off particularly the arm cuffs and trouser leg ends with the zipped liner and press studs, still managed to avoid the rain !

Thats good to know, I'd probably commute in it too, the one draw back I find with the dainese gear the trousers particularly they are intended for slender road boots not chunky adv boots so if they are not in exactly the right place, you can't do the zip up to keep the trouser cuff taught.
Also find that they are not the comfiest for wearing as an over trouser and thats without the liner.

The enduroguard looks a bit more roomy in the trouser department.

Also finding the dainese jacket leaks cold air like hell at the front, I think its to do with the vent design which is great in summer but not so good for winter.

After 25+ years of Rukka I’ve just done a similar thing. Like the Enduro suit a lot. Cuffs are a bit of a faff to tuck the gloves in though. Noticed the comment re different sizes between jacket and trousers. I’ve gone for one size smaller on the trousers from the jacket. As a result, as per the Atlantis suit I ended up with a mismatched connection zip and a definite twist to starboard when fastened up. With Rukka, regardless of size differentials the zips align ok. Apart from that it’s a good suit. I particularly like the fact that I didn’t have to pay for thermal liners, as I always remove them and layer up with merino anyway.
Perhaps I’m not giving this suit much of a chance as I’ve only used it around six times, but going back to Rukka for comfort. Just can’t get used to it. Suit is a 56 jacket and 54 trousers. Will be on here for sale after my hols this week.

My first 2 Enduroguard jackets leaked on the arms, but 3rd time lucky it seems.
I find it to be very comfortable, warm, but with good ventilation.
I'm used to the cuffs now and don't find them to be a problem.
I like it!

Yeah I'm on jacket #2 as well, leaked at the shoulder/pit seam on both sides and I think the elbows too.
Not tested the new one in the rain yet.

Got to say...it was a no quibble exchange straight off, in and out of Williams in 5 minutes, brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom