Thread: Anyone used/using the Drift Ghost 4K Camera

Anyone used/using the Drift Ghost 4K Camera

I’ve been given the latest version of the Drift Ghost 4K camera to test and review.

So far I’m not sold on it as the setup process alone was tedious and the software glitchy.

I’ll be doing a thorough review eventually, but just wondered if any of you have thoughts on it?

Here’s the first vid if you’re interested.

https://youtu.be/lxLmP1CmCcw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bruce Smart
    youtube.com/TeapotOneVids

LIVE your life

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Looks a similar size to the Stealth 2 model and if it's only usable with battery power then maybe a backwards step + that remote is pants, the old one was much better.
    Look forward to seeing a more indepth review
    The older I get, the better I was

Nope, I'm still using the Drift HD camera from 2012

Oh my god, can you see any corrosion yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacal View Post
    Looks a similar size to the Stealth 2 model and if it's only usable with battery power then maybe a backwards step + that remote is pants, the old one was much better.
    Look forward to seeing a more indepth review
    Yeah it’s very similar in size to the stealth actually.

You can power it externally AND use the mic, it comes with a lead for that, I’ll detail it more in the next vid.

But yeah I totally agree so far, the Ghost-S seems a way better camera all round. I’m out tomorrow for a good days filming with the 4K so will see how it gets on?!

Bruce Smart

LIVE your life

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Nope, I'm still using the Drift HD camera from 2012
    If it ain’t broke...

Bruce Smart

LIVE your life

Had one but returned it as faulty. I wanted in to run in “loop” mode as a dashcam most of the time. I found it to be very hit and miss as to whether it felt like working or not. Bought a much cheaper SJ Cam. Faultless so far.

Ha a drift HD... software froze on a regular basis.

Shame as I preferred the ergonomics compared to Go Pro but in the end bought a Go Pro due to the reliability issues of the Drift. I think the video quality on the Go Pro is better as well.

However that was pre UHD/4K versions.

@vincentrapide & @Spitfire - aye I’m having exactly the same issues with the software so far. My Ghost-S is absolutely faultless, but this 4K certainly has some teething issues at the mo.

Bruce Smart

LIVE your life

And after you get all this malarky to work your going to need a very fast hard drive the size of ya "Bonnie Scotland" to process the files Bruce
    The older I get, the better I was

He's still off sick after his last "bump" .. plenty of time on his hands to sort that lot out ! Nice vid Brucey.... have a bounce

As I mentioned on your vlog.... seems like a backward step to me and the quality footage from the Ghost S @ 60fps is more than good enough for any use.

There is a vlogger (spicy110) that did a review a while back. Didn’t rate the 4K footage plus it also ate chunks into the sd card which meant less footage v your battery life.

I run a Ghost HD and two Stealths.... if anything, I may change the HD and get an S but for the money, I wouldn’t consider the 4K until they sort some fundamentals (aux mic connection etc).

Great vlogs by the way... keep them coming and hope the arm gets better soon.

I'm just not right in the head

My YouTube Channel, if you're interested

Quote Originally Posted by Jacal View Post
    And after you get all this malarky to work your going to need a very fast hard drive the size of ya "Bonnie Scotland" to process the files Bruce
    Aye the 4K files certainly make the Mac work overdrive in the edit, but they look so good!!

Bruce Smart

LIVE your life

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    He's still off sick after his last "bump" .. plenty of time on his hands to sort that lot out ! Nice vid Brucey.... have a bounce
    Ha Ha, I’m working harder here than at work! Haven’t stopped editing and filming, but my eyes will need milk bottle bottoms soon!

Bruce Smart

LIVE your life