Waterproof Trousers that will go over clothes.

Wizards-Online

Going Overground
Reaction score
I've got a Richa Touareg jacket and trousers which are great, though the trousers are too tight to get over my work trousers. Taking trousers in a bag and getting changed is a ball-ache I'd like to avoid.

Therefore, can anyone recommend a pair of trousers that are waterproof, have some protection (the journey to work is only 12 miles each way on B roads), will fit over my work trousers and are cheap? If they happen to come with a short zip to allow them to connect to my jacket that's a bonus.

Many thanks.

Wiz

I've got a Richa Touareg jacket and trousers which are great, though the trousers are too tight to get over my work trousers. Taking trousers in a bag and getting changed is a ball-ache I'd like to avoid.

Therefore, can anyone recommend a pair of trousers that are waterproof, have some protection (the journey to work is only 12 miles each way on B roads), will fit over my work trousers and are cheap? If they happen to come with a short zip to allow them to connect to my jacket that's a bonus.

Many thanks.

Wiz

I have some Bmw over trousers which would suit the bill, I had them for same reason but never had to use them what size are you if your interested in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some Bmw over trousers which would suit the bill, I had them for same reason but never had to use them what size are you if your interested in them

Hi Les,

I'm a 36" waist, 31 leg (possibly longer in bike gear). Given they are going over trousers the waist could be a little bigger, or adjustable.

Thanks

Wiz

Make sure the over trousers are long enough to cover the bottom of your work pants when sat on the bike, otherwise they'll get soaking and the water will wick up your legs DAMHIK.

Make sure the over trousers are long enough to cover the hem of your work pants when sat on the bike, otherwise they'll get soaking and the water will wick up your legs DAMHIK.

Good point, I may tuck them into my boots, but worth remembering!!! :)

Hi Les,

I'm a 36" waist, 31 leg (possibly longer in bike gear). Given they are going over trousers the waist could be a little bigger, or adjustable.

Thanks

Wiz

These are spot on then, pm your email and I’ll send pics and more details

Dude, I had a similar dilemma, but I only sometimes commute by bike, when the weather is good or if the traffic is bad. My commute is about 12 miles also. I went with Berghaus Deluge over trousers, long length. Perfect over work trousers, and leave a pair of shoes at work. No protection, but for 12 miles each way, once or twice a week - perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There will be no change to import duties from the USA as a result of brexit without a UK/USA trade deal. :) so buy now!

I'll repeat. HOW MUCH!!!!! I was after something cheap!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Buy cheap get wet, or buy a dozen times...

I’ve got a proper set of waterproof gear, I just need some good value trousers to go over my work stuff on the short ride to work. I’m not looking to cross a continent in them.
If I came off and trashed them, no big deal, just need a little more protection than plain waterproofs would provide.
I know i can’t be the first person to ask the question.

I have the Klim Badlands Pro trousers which are on the generous side to say the least, making me look like MC Hammer, especially with the massive vents open. You can pick them up second hand on ebay but I got mine from FC Moto in Germany for just over £300. Completely waterproof and well armoured.

I have a set of the BMW rain lock waterproofs (got them half price in a sale) and are the best over-wear waterproofs I have owned in 30 years, well worth the money (and I have to wear them over my Aerostich as that leaks!)

For megacheap look at Texpeed as advertised on Fleabay.

Get Geared sell the Rev'it Enterprise 2 overtrousers for £150.

Hope this helps ......

I have a pair of the aforementioned BMW Cover waterproof over-trousers (waist-to-ankle side zips) which I wear everyday for commuting. It's a shame they're no longer made.

Back
Top Bottom