Sena 10U, iPhone 6 and Nav 5

jaca2865

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys

How best and in what order is it best to connect each item to each other.

I’ve connexed the Sena kit in my Schuberth to my iPhone already and it appears to work but was wondering what’s the next step will be to get the best, solid comms.

Can anyone help me please.

Jim

Why not follow the guidance/instructions in the Sena manual?

Iphone should be paired with the Nav V.

Then the Nav 5 paired with the Sena 10U

Thanks for that Pail

I had read somewhere on here that others had achieved better success in another way but I can’t now found that thread, hence my question. I’d have thought it was a given I’d done as you suggest.

All the best!

Jim

Why not follow the guidance/instructions in the Sena manual?

Iphone should be paired with the Nav V.

Then the Nav 5 paired with the Sena 10U

I had a similar set up but use the Sena 10r instead of the 10u , I use the nav v1 now,in the same set up as I used the nav v

I connect the phone to the nav. Then the nav to the 10r. . This way I have only one thing connected to the Sena. If the phone rings , it shows up the caller IID etc. When turning on. I turn the sena on first , Then the bike which fires up the nav . Don’t get any problems at all

Unless you plan on using the Sena with the iphone alone on another bike - remove the connection.
Phone to nav
nav to sena
works every time that way.
Thats how I have it with the 10U in the Touratech Adventura

Superb and exactly what I was after. Experience over instruction manuals.

Many thanks

Jim

I had a similar set up but use the Sena 10r instead of the 10u , I use the nav v1 now,in the same set up as I used the nav v

I connect the phone to the nav. Then the nav to the 10r. . This way I have only one thing connected to the Sena. If the phone rings , it shows up the caller IID etc. When turning on. I turn the sena on first , Then the bike which fires up the nav . Don’t get any problems at all

Thank you too. Confirms what I’m reading here. Very grateful.

Thanks everyone

Jim

Unless you plan on using the Sena with the iphone alone on another bike - remove the connection.
Phone to nav
nav to sena
works every time that way.
Thats how I have it with the 10U in the Touratech Adventura

Superb and exactly what I was after. Experience over instruction manuals.

Many thanks

Jim

I think that you will find that that is exactly what Sena recommend for the various connections/pairings in their User Manual.

Thanks Paul. Much obliged

I must’ve missed the section in the manual that was entitled User Experience in Reality ����

I think that you will find that that is exactly what Sena recommend for the various connections/pairings in their User Manual.

Anyone had any experience with the Sena 10U and linking it to a Tomtom Rider 400 and an iPhone 7? I've connected my iPhone just to the Rider 400 and the Rider 400 to the headset. I can make and receive calls fine through the Sena 10U and receive Tomtom instructions through it fine, but if I try to play any music it just plays straight out of the iPhone speaker, which I find strange. Anyone else got this problem or know of a solution?

If you use the sena as a comms to other riders, I've found that if you connect the Nav to the sena as a Nav and not a phone, the sena does not cut you off when the nav gives an instruction.

Back
Top Bottom