Hello from Durham!

pgod1960

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently on the lookout for a 1200GS suitable to take me all over the UK and possibly beyond to Scandinavia and Europe generally (I hope). I'm emerging relatively unscathed from a significant time very firmly in the Harley camp, and looking forward to the opportunities a more open and versatile outlook will give me.

My budget is relatively restricted to around £7-8000 so I'll be researching and asking the odd question to help me target an appropriate bike, although looking at the market I doubt I'll get much after 2010/11.

I'm almost 57 years old and relatively experienced but not to IAM standard, something I'm seriously considering for the spring.

Looking forward to participating!

Peter

Greeting from a fellow ex Durham lad (Consett).

£7-8k will get you a tidy bike, especially during the winter.
For your money I would recommend that you try for the latest twin-cam Oil-cooled you can find (2010-2013).
Are you looking for a GS or GSA?

Welcome. You'll need to become a subscriber to view sales on the site plus farkles,etc. Well worth it and that's a canny Scot (with roots near Durham) speaking!

Example: 2013 LC being sold for not a lot more than your upper limit.

Welcome. You'll need to become a subscriber to view sales on the site plus farkles,etc. Well worth it and that's a canny Scot (with roots near Durham) speaking!

Good point. Get your subscription paid, then keep your eyes peeled for bikes coming up for sale on here.
This is the best place to buy a GS.

Greeting from a fellow ex Durham lad (Consett).

£7-8k will get you a tidy bike, especially during the winter.
For your money I would recommend that you try for the latest twin-cam Oil-cooled you can find (2010-2013).
Are you looking for a GS or GSA?

Hi AberdeenAngus, many thanks for the advice, I need all I can get. I expect I have a few misconceptions currently. Until recently I thought any GS would be too tall for me. I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam. However, a visit to a local dealer (independent) who has several GSes (see, I've probably got the pluralisation wrong too) in stock, had him reassure me and I had a sit on a standard GS and found the height far from intimidating, but I do suspect a GSA would be too much without a low seat and possibly a lowered suspension too. Again. advice here is gratefully received!

I've taken on board the other comments below and I'll be subscribing tonight for sure.

Cheers

Peter

Example: 2013 LC being sold for not a lot more than your upper limit.

Thanks scotboxer, it shall be done!

Greetings & welcome to the forum.....£8k will get you a decent bike...twin cam as suggested would be the way :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom