Right foot protection from back spray

Rollmops

Reaction score
As the weather took a turn for the worse, I have been riding in light rain, or on wet roads recently for the first time on my GS, and I have noticed a pretty dramatic level of spray on my right foot heel region. I guess the cardan somehow protects a bit better the left side so, ma question is, is there an effective way to solve this issue?

Can't say I've found this BUT the Wunderlich protectors actually make it colder in use so bear that in mind if you have them and quite possibly increase the spray.

Take the car, and well done on using the bike in winter.

As the weather took a turn for the worse, I have been riding in light rain, or on wet roads recently for the first time on my GS, and I have noticed a pretty dramatic level of spray on my right foot heel region. I guess the cardan somehow protects a bit better the left side so, ma question is, is there an effective way to solve this issue?

ChazzyB and I have tried many different in-fill panels to address the dirty troos problem. So far, the best one appears to be a centre-stand plate. If only my boots get dirty this winter, I'll be very happy. It'll make a change from getting sprayed with crap all the way from left ankle to left arse-cheek...

I’ve sorted mine a couple of years back, a combination of the Touratech side frame infil panels & the Mudsling.
I believe the infil panels are now available a lot cheaper from other manufacturers, maybe others can comment on them, the Touratech ones have faded & lost their colour but still effective.

FFS its a motorcycle, if it rains you are going to get wet.

I ride mine all year round, commute 50miles each way. We ride expensive machines so buy proper gear to protect you, I don't get the corrosion issues, but I do get a little splashed from time to time.

FFS its a motorcycle, if it rains you are going to get wet.

I ride mine all year round, commute 50miles each way. We ride expensive machines so buy proper gear to protect you, I don't get the corrosion issues, but I do get a little splashed from time to time.

I don't mind getting wet. I do object to getting caked in crud from ankle to arse every time I ride wet roads.

TBH, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Mudsling is part of the problem, rather than the solution but as it does a good job of protecting the shock, I've left it fitted.

I don't mind getting wet. I do object to getting caked in crud from ankle to arse every time I ride wet roads.

TBH, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Mudsling is part of the problem, rather than the solution but as it does a good job of protecting the shock, I've left it fitted.

Shoulda bought a GSA Richard, I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of wet weather talk going on at the moment...

Well, after riding many different sports bikes over the years (30 odd yrs) I went for the GSA and one of the first things I noticed was how wet I was getting from spray being thrown up by the tyres. Not just wet but saturated, and it contained sandy grit and fine road debris. When I bought the bike I was actually looking forward to staying a bit dryer than I did on my sports bikes, but I was getting much wetter?!

How the hell the water and crap was getting flung off the back tyre and ending up where it did was a mystery to me. Looked like I’d ridden a mountain bike through a wet forest without any mudguards fitted!

I can’t remember why but I didn’t go down the Mudsling route, I bought the Cymarc rear crud catcher, a Wunderlich hugger thingy, and a front fender extender. Problem solved - completely! The shock stays clean, as do my incredibly expensive Rukka trousers, boots, my back (yes, my back) and the back of the top box.

Back
Top Bottom