Best Tyres for LC

Maybe its their surfacing:D

Could well be that, as I live in Coventry. As I cross any of the border roads from Solihull to said city, the surface changes from beautifully roiled black stuff to a mix of crumbling concrete and sink holes.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong then. Fronts are blown to 2.9 bar, and after 4000 miles I've got only 3 mm left in places?

4K Sounds about average, 10k would be an impossibility for me to achieve, but it’s down to how you ride the bike and where you ride it!
The first question you need to ask yourself is where will you ride the bike? Off road/on road?
If both, choose a mixed terrain tyre such as the Anakees type dual purpose, if predominantly tarmac go for a tarmac tyre such as a PR4. Simples!

Not sure what i'm doing wrong then. Fronts are blown to 2.9 bar, and after 4000 miles I've got only 3 mm left in places?

2.9? Is that the correct pressure? Sounds to high for front tyer. JJH

Got 2k on the OE tyres, Michelin Annakee I think they are. Feel the same about them as last time on a GS, will replace soon. They will last well, but will also square off and the handling becomes unpleasant. They will let go early and slide the rear on greasy roads IMO way before Roadsmarts or Pilot Road 4s. Probably depends on the riding you do. Seems a shame to spoil a confidence inspiring bike for the sake of how many miles from tyres.
Roadsmart 3 streets ahead in all road conditions for me.

Incorrect tire pressure. Check the labels on your bike.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Incorrect tire pressure. Check the labels on your bike.

where is the label? Bike was delivered with 2.5 2.9, was handed back after a service with 2.5 2.9, and the Haynes manual says 2.5 2.9?

where is the label? Bike was delivered with 2.5 2.9, was handed back after a service with 2.5 2.9, and the Haynes manual says 2.5 2.9?
The Tyre pressure is mentioned under the pillion seat area. Remove the seat and you should see the label.

Got 2k on the OE tyres, Michelin Annakee I think they are. Feel the same about them as last time on a GS, will replace soon. They will last well, but will also square off and the handling becomes unpleasant. They will let go early and slide the rear on greasy roads IMO way before Roadsmarts or Pilot Road 4s. Probably depends on the riding you do. Seems a shame to spoil a confidence inspiring bike for the sake of how many miles from tyres.
Roadsmart 3 streets ahead in all road conditions for me.

Got anakee 3's on mine and unsure jow much they've done total. I've done about 2500 miles on thwm since getting the bike and the seem to be squaring off. Felt a little squirmy on the greasy roads earliet this week and wondered whether it was time to change. Very similar to what you are saying. Funny- tread seems deep enough but confidence starting to erode in the wet.

Roadsmart III! Love them! £225 delivered from FWR and £50 fitted. Loose wheel fitting £25 for two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
Another vote for a set of Bridgestone A40,seem to be good in the wet and dry,just came back from Normandy, Roads soaking wet and covered in mud and cows shit(they don't care about leaving the road like a muddy field) tyres were great

Dave:thumb

The Tyre pressure is mentioned under the pillion seat area. Remove the seat and you should see the label.

ah, thanks. And of course I was having a brainfart over the fronts being 2.9 rather than 2.5.....

Also using Dunlop RSIII's on my LC GSA.
Fantastic tire.

Strange isn't it, I (and a friend of mine) don't like them.
They have a very hard carcass, you can sit on the rear without it collapsing, try that with a Roadtec.
I find they have far too little surface imperfection absorbsion and very little feel for grip. Not confidence inspiring.
Tyres tried on GSs in order of preference.
PR 4
Roadtec 01
Anakee III
Roadsmart III

Back
Top Bottom