Hi Newbie on this site

Richard_58

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined to see if there is information which is useful. I had an R1200GS 30th anniversary model for a year and a month and loved it, came from a ZZR 1400 which began to hurt my back and knees and was stupid fast. GS was reversed over by a 44ton truck with a 13 litre engine when I was on board, probably the worst "SMIDSY" ever, lol. I used the insurance money for an R1200GS lc a week ago tomorrow , have done a few hundred miles and love it even more than the airhead., but those anakee 3's have got to go they are like nails on a blackboard.

Welcome to the site, let’s hope you are luckier with your new bike.

Steve

Hello Richard, new here myself. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, glad you are ok and have also just bought an LC 1200 coming from a ZZR 14 for the same reason. Interesting that you think the Annake is noisy as thought it was me :) would be interested to know what you go for ? :thumb2

Hi, I had a 2010 gs prior to the LC. I used Continental TKC 70's for 10000 miles, came with a set on then I changed them when they were worn after a further 4000 miles. 2nd set did approx. 6500 miles but squared off on the rear and almost seemed like four sided on the front. Loud but not offensive and if you want to do some gentle off road, ie cinder tracks or green lane then these offer some grip. On the road very stable and grippy wet and dry although I didn't really push them wet but did dry. I then put PR4 trails on, these are beautifully quiet, have oodles of grip in both wet and dry but do not even think about being on anything but a road. I went on a asphalt track which was muddy, there was no grip at all the back end and the front were all over the place so I guess its horses for courses. Hope that helps a bit.

Greetings & welcome to the forum.....enjoy your new bike & hope it's luckier!! :aidan

Back
Top Bottom