Airbox removal done

thebuyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So after removing the air injection stuff.... now moved on and removed the airbox .. I went with Motone battery box and pair of K&N ... didn't come with instructions but fairly easy ... bit of trial and error with moving wiring loom slightly ..
Only one issue ... no carb brace ... so I'm renewing the carb to manifold rubbers, but still think I will make / buy a brace .
Then I think its off to get the get carb jetted and set up ... and recommendations in the North West ?

Attachments

• IMG_4001.jpg
    IMG_4001.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_4016.jpg
    IMG_4016.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4017.jpg
    IMG_4017.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 244
FWIW I've run several carb'd parallel twins over the years and of course Guzzis (which have had metal and rubber inlets). All ran into K&N's or similar and I never found the need for a brace.

That'll look good without the box. Have you manged to hide all the wiring / plumbing?

Andres

FWIW I've run several carb'd parallel twins over the years and of course Guzzis (which have had metal and rubber inlets). All ran into K&N's or similar and I never found the need for a brace.

That'll look good without the box. Have you manged to hide all the wiring / plumbing?

Andres

Likewise with Jap fours back in the day. A bank of four carbs just sat on the inlet rubbers with no trouble.

Mmmmm... maybe this is why they wobble

Glad I've ordered new carb mounts ... think these are past there best ...:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_4031.jpg
    IMG_4031.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 226

Back
Top Bottom