Ta ta Turban

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sad day . The Turban has gone ( part exd).
I really liked its simplicity and character but it made me very sore in the nether regions , exacerbated by surgery in June and I’m still having issues so made the decision to get rid .

So what is the new bike ? :D:thumby:

H2 SX SE.

Dealer did me a very good deal and was no point hanging on to Turban as don't want to make pain worse.H2 arriving end of Feb-ish.
But since I've had the Tmax,it's all I've used locally as so easy/fun and bloody comfy with the heated grips and seat.

As you is da medical bloke,I saw yet another consultant last night and he thinks I may have a spinal impingement so another MRI then probably injections.

He prescribed Tramadol,which is just about the only pain killer I've not tried but it bloody works !!! Can't take within 48 hours of flying and may not be wise to take to Abu Dhabi in a few weeks if I want to keep my head !!! :aidan

Anyway,the future looks GREEN

Probably the wrong thread, but does the Tmax put a lot of pressure on your back as you're sat upright on your coccyx ? Only ask as I have a SH125i which is very upright and love it for commuting but had it for 5 years and fancy a change, really like the Tmax but worried about the more 'reclined' seating position as can suffer a bit with lower back.

Need to try one really.

Back on topic, really interested to see how you get on with the H2 SX !

RBW.

Probably the wrong thread, but does the Tmax put a lot of pressure on your back as you're sat upright on your coccyx ? Only ask as I have a SH125i which is very upright and love it for commuting but had it for 5 years and fancy a change, really like the Tmax but worried about the more 'reclined' seating position as can suffer a bit with lower back.

Need to try one really.

RBW.

Don't think the Tmax puts pressure on the back,but I've only used it locally so short journeys.Robbo is the Tmax guru.
But I'm taking mine to the S of France in April so will do 2000 miles in a week,which will be a bigger test of it's comfort.

H2 SX SE.

Dealer did me a very good deal and was no point hanging on to Turban as don't want to make pain worse.H2 arriving end of Feb-ish.
But since I've had the Tmax,it's all I've used locally as so easy/fun and bloody comfy with the heated grips and seat.

As you is da medical bloke,I saw yet another consultant last night and he thinks I may have a spinal impingement so another MRI then probably injections.

He prescribed Tramadol,which is just about the only pain killer I've not tried but it bloody works !!! Can't take within 48 hours of flying and may not be wise to take to Abu Dhabi in a few weeks if I want to keep my head !!! :aidan

Anyway,the future looks GREEN

Tramadol is a great drug but quite addictive . used carefully it is very useful. I use it on out trips on Dirt bikes in Cambodia and Vietnam, people are always falling off breaking ribs etc and its a great drug to allow them to ride out of the jungle until we can fix them properly . And yes do not take it abroad unless like me you can show its medicine that I have prescribed !!
Good luck with the Kwaker, looks pretty swift !

Oh and I am retro fitting heated grips and seat !

Need to try one really.

RBW.

Hi The T Max I find great for my back, no issues . Its feet forward and you push your back side into the rear of the seat .Very comfortable ,the new bike has a huge seat , but all of them are all day comfortable . I do 6-8000 miles a year on my T Max and never tire of it

Hi The T Max I find great for my back, no issues . Its feet forward and you push your back side into the rear of the seat .Very comfortable ,the new bike has a huge seat , but all of them are all day comfortable . I do 6-8000 miles a year on my T Max and never tire of it

Yet they still do a 'Comfort Seat' as an extra.

Why not just fit it as standard !!! Saying that,the OE seat on the new bikes seems very comfy anyway.

Awesome, thanks !

RBW.

Back
Top Bottom