Stinking Wet Motocross Boots

OK thanks JB

I'll try and get some stuff together

Good

Have fun & stay dry

Some of the best prepared lads I ride with have the best thought out homemade kit to do the job

Walking gear is just as good and cheap

Good

Have fun & stay dry

Some of the best prepared lads I ride with have the best thought out homemade kit to do the job

Walking gear is just as good and cheap

I'm all for home made good advice. I'm not rich.

How do the inner tubes idea work? I don't understand that bit?

I'm all for home made good advice. I'm not rich.

How do the inner tubes idea work? I don't understand that bit?

They make giant elastic bands either in 18 or 21 inch guise

The elastic bands keep them tight against your boots and/or legs so water doesn't get up inside your goretex over trousers

They make giant elastic bands either in 18 or 21 inch guise

The elastic bands keep them tight against your boots and/or legs so water doesn't get up inside your goretex over trousers

I get that bit, but do you just keep looping them around your shin, or cut and tie them to size.

Its a daft question but no clue on the way this works

I get that bit, but do you just keep looping them around your shin, or cut and tie them to size.

Its a daft question but no clue on the way this works

Cut an old inner tube into circular strips & voila elastic bands

Put your goretex over trousers on, over your boots and enduro trousers

Sit down

Take an elastic band of inner tube, stretch it over your boots and pull it up to the ankles where the bottom of your over trousers are

Put elastic band over bottom of over trousers so that they are secure to your boots and water can't get under the bottoms of your over trousers

Bingo

Cut an old inner tube into circular strips & voila elastic bands

Put your goretex over trousers on, over your boots and enduro trousers

Sit down

Take an elastic band of inner tube, stretch it over your boots and pull it up to the ankles where the bottom of your over trousers are

Put elastic band over bottom of over trousers so that they are secure to your boots and water can't get under the bottoms of your over trousers

Bingo

I ve tried that for river crossings in Iceland.

New Sidi gortex boots, klim gortex trousers, gortex over trousers with 2 inner tube bands tightly stretched over them and still got fkin wet feet.
This year tried the same system but back to old faithful of sealing with gaffa tape and ... yep fkin wet feet again. :D

I ve tried that for river crossings in Iceland.

New Sidi gortex boots, klim gortex trousers, gortex over trousers with 2 inner tube bands tightly stretched over them and still got fkin wet feet.
This year tried the same system but back to old faithful of sealing with gaffa tape and ... yep fkin wet feet again. :D

Yep ....but looking at your pics the rivers in Iceland were 100% more extreme than Corwen car wash :)

Warlord will be fine splashing about in 2" on a muddy uk cart track on his AT

Corwen car wash :)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1510993486362.jpg
    FB_IMG_1510993486362.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 281
Thats a suicide attempt :D

Yes, not one of my better decision :D
Bike died half way across and I was getting pushed downstream by walking it that side, getting myself downstream of the bike was a 'delicate' manoeuvre :)

Errrr Nutty .... careful considering your current dilemma ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sealskins, boots with a tread (as opposed to smooth MX soles) and comfy, loose fitting over boot troos are the ideal.

Andres

+1 for sealskinz socks; army goretex socks are also very effective

Army goretex is cheap as chips

Defo....I have army goretex/ripstop trouser & jacket (1 size up for both items vs. my normal svelte demeanour) and they are perfect. I normally wear mx kit for trail/enduro riding so the army clobber is ideal as it's light & packs down very small. The trousers I bought have a full length zipper on the legs so there's no aggro putting on/removing boots.

Both items were bought from e bay :D

Get yourself some 4 inch plastic down pipe. Cut into 24 inch lenghts. Cut a slant 1third of diameter to 1 inch depth. Blag a milk or lemonade crate , place pipes into section with slate cut up , slant allows air to circulate inner boot while drying out. Place boot over pipe to dry out . I have been using this method for years.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Get yourself some 4 inch plastic down pipe. Cut into 24 inch lenghts. Cut a slant 1third of diameter to 1 inch depth. Blag a milk or lemonade crate , place pipes into section with slate cut up , slant allows air to circulate inner boot while drying out. Place boot over pipe to dry out . I have been using this method for years.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Or......

Attachments

• 20170726_222319.jpg
    20170726_222319.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 251
Warlord will be fine splashing about in 2" on a muddy uk cart track on his AT

Yeah you can fuck off with your 2" of muddy cart track....

Check these pictures out. Cow-Piss water was splashing higher than me, stood on the pegs... haha

One ditch was so deep, couldn't even see the bike !!

At least I was going for it !! :D :D :D

Attachments

• Deep1.jpg
    Deep1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Deep2.jpg
    Deep2.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Deep3.jpg
    Deep3.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 226
Yeah you can fuck off with your 2" of muddy cart track....

Check these pictures out. Cow-Piss water was splashing higher than me, stood on the pegs... haha

One ditch was so deep, couldn't even see the bike !!

At least I was going for it !! :D :D :D

What do you want.................a fucking medal or just a pat on the back

Grow up:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom