Stinking Wet Motocross Boots

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm new to this stinking wet motocross boots malarkey

Once home from Green Lane riding, covered in mud, and wet motocross boots

A) How do you dry these motocross boot things out, especially in Winter months?

B) How do you stop them stinking the house out, and keep the wife happy?

Tips, Tricks and methods please :thumb

Clean them asap, preferably when dirty
Pressure washer is good
Stick them in an airy garage
I hang them upside down, on 2 brooms in the garage

Mine never stink and last for years

Abuse will ruin them

I got fed up of the stinky smell today, and rinced them out with clean water (inside and out).

Removed the foot liner

Scrubbed them down with Fairy Washing Up liquid as it has anti-bacterial benefits, inside and out.

Hung them upside down in the sunshine for a bit, to dry out in the Autumn Sun.

:confused:

Attachments

• Cleaning1.jpg
    Cleaning1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 535
  • Cleaning2.jpg
    Cleaning2.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 518
Pressure washer is good

Abuse will ruin them

Ditto

As for keeping the wife happy Warload, well, if you don't know by now she ain't gonna be hanging around for long.........

Andres

Pressure washer is good

Abuse will ruin them

Cheers.

Don't have a pressure washer that's easy to get to. It's buried in one of the sheds.

But can hose it down, with a brush. Seemed to clean them ok.

I'll go buy a couple of broom handles to hang them on indoors.

Ditto

As for keeping the wife happy Warload, well, if you don't know by now she ain't gonna be hanging around for long.........

Andres

She's hung around long enough and right up until these feckin stinky boots were located in the house, by her nose-radar

Hose clean. Rinse in Very very weak domestos solution. Dry slowly then cook in direct sunshine if and when you can. UV light is good at killing off bugs.

Pressure washer is good

Abuse will ruin them

+1 ......I also spray my Sidi Crossfire boots with GT85 which helps to keep the metal components on mine 'corrosion :D' free

You might try putting screwed up newspapers inside the boots to wick the moisture away too.As for smell after they are washed and dried spray some aerosol based foot power inside to kill any germs.

You might try putting screwed up newspapers inside the boots to wick the moisture away too..

Yep ... might seem old fashioned but it works every time .....

It's the basic things in life .... :D

Shhh... she hasn't seen them in the guest room en-suite yet, radiator in there seems like a good dryer :eek: :thumb

Attachments

• Shh.jpg
    Shh.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 501
You might try putting screwed up newspapers inside the boots to wick the moisture away too.As for smell after they are washed and dried spray some aerosol based foot power inside to kill any germs.

What about scrumped up Microfiber cloths. Got loads of those, but don't read newspapers

Yep ... might seem old fashioned but it works every time .....

It's the basic things in life .... :D

Screwed up newspaper definitely soaks up plenty of moisture.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, stuff with screwed up newspapers and leave in the airing cupboard- the ambient warmth dries them nicely but not too aggessively.

Tights full of cat litter or silica gel works, so I'm told.

I'm sure I've seen a photo of you with your trousers inside your boots, you need them outside, some folk tape them round or put a band of old innertube round in the hope of stopping ingress.

Tights full of cat litter or silica gel works, so I'm told.

I'm sure I've seen a photo of you with your trousers inside your boots, you need them outside, some folk tape them round or put a band of old innertube round in the hope of stopping ingress.

Yep he is wearing them wrong
Trousers over boots for trails

So your suggesting he pinches the misses tights now as well as ruining her guest Bathroom.........:rob

On road, all the wet weather gear I wear trousers on outside.

However, being as though water was so deep in places it covered my boots anyway. Doesn't matter if trousers are outside or inside as far as my day went.

Water still filled my boots.

The kit I'm wearing is very old and torn around the leg (from a crash years ago) so it served better tucked away that day.

Back
Top Bottom