Movies and advertising on Smart TV

JKW

Reaction score
Here’s the scenario...

I need to set up a display which will feature a series of movie clips interspersed with information and advertising segments on a Smart TV. Connecting the TV to the internet will be problematic so the ideal would be to have a file on a USB stick which can easily be updatable to change the advertising/information segments. Whilst the premises where this is to be installed has a computer it’s not readily accessible (in a office which is not manned and locked when the display needs to run) so the solution needs to work without the computer being accessible, hence the ideal of simply turning on the TV, selecting the file on the USB and pressing play. If I was doing this on a PC rather than a TV I’d set up a Powerpoint show file on permanent loop but I’ve no idea whether this would work on a USB plugged in to a Smart TV...any ideas?

Google slide format will work if you get a TV where the smart part is android. Sony and some Phillips tv for example. Been a long time since I use PowerPoint point but does it not have the option to export as a video file? Apart from plugging something else into the tv like a chrome or android stick video is the only way I can think of this to work.

You can get small rear mount pcs for monitors if that’s better for you.As for the usb file I think it would need selecting each time the tv is switched on and I don’t think it would loop.

Chromecast?

You could try using a Chromecast dongle fitted to the TV, although I think you'll still need to run the file on a PC or tablet which connects to the dongle.

you could use something like a small kodi type box running linux or android, usb port on the box and hdmi cable to tv, jobs a goodun, cost about £35.00. or as above a rasberry pi for around the same money

Thanks for the input guys...I’ve given the club (this is for my golf club - for some reason they treat me as their technical guru :augie) two options...either an Android tablet with Chromecast, or an Intel Compute Stick (a Windows 10 PC on a USB stick!) with Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. I’ve found Chromecast a bit flaky which is why I have a spare dongle at home not in use and the Intel solution is technology with which I’m much more familiar. In either case I should be able to do the actual display material using PowerPoint.

Back
Top Bottom