2008 stelvio

This is a new one on me , i am Stelvio No3 , Pray tell kind Sir ?

Hi Civil,
I'm now on my second Stelvio, a very unloved 2009 bike which I'm in the process of rejuvenating. I do know the whereabouts of a 2015 bike which is still in it's crate but I won't be able to afford it until May without selling my Explorer, which I don't really want to do. Hopefully It'll still be available in May, but if not I intend to look for a 2015 black framed model.

Anyway I digress. On my 2014 Stelvio NTX I had the misfortune of breaking down at the 'Dent do' and rather embarrassingly needed to be recovered. The cause of this breakdown was a 30amp fuse. Said fuse is actually located beneath the rest of the fuses and can be difficult to locate if you don't know where it is. Said fuse is linked to the relay which controls. Headlight switch, Alternator, spotlights, and a couple of other minor things. The relay can cause the fuse to blow if it becomes overloaded, and seeing as that fuse is for the alternator the battery is no longer charging.

This is apparently a fairly common problem and can be overcome by replacing said relay with a Bosch item.

I'm no auto electrician so hope that makes sense.

Steve

This is apparently a fairly common problem and can be overcome by replacing said relay with a Bosch item.
Steve

Thanks for that , i dont suppose you know the Whereabouts of the Relay ? ,, save a lotta reading .

Re the New Stelvio : over the Last while , a man i know very well is fading , he suffered a slight stroke and his health
is fading , slowly but surely . This man is a very knowledgeable gent , and very wealthy too boot .
His Wealth is absolutely USELESS to him today . He would call ""most evenings"" , i dont know if its for the Coffee , or the lift
home , he is always welcome in my home , it scares me a little , i dont dare dwell on it , but i know its in front of me .
And not meaning any ill will , its in front of you too . Live every day as if it were your last , is the best advice i can give .
The More frequent he calls , the more careless or maybe even ruthless { i dont think this
is the right word } i seem to become , i challenge ,,,,even more than i have , and i seem more and more to ask myself the one question , Whats the Worst that can happen ?......... This last while i am in a strange humour , and its all because of the realisations i have " most evenings"

The relay is situated behind the front right hand panel near the top of the forks. I think it's the middle one, it's a 5 pronged one.
part number is Bosch 0332209151.

Another thing I did with mine was to put in some in-line fuses from the auxiliary light. This can be another problem area as the wiring can chaff through and short against the light body, same fuse.

Problem with the Stelvio is, you have no indication when this fuse goes. Next thing you know is flat battery.

Back
Top Bottom