Restart after a winter lay up

Disaster Area

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello all,

Any tips on re-starting an 1100 after a winter lay up? She's turning over, but won't catch.

you could try a sniff of wd40 up the air intake when pressing the starter button,yes easystart works a treat but i personally dont like the stuff
or you could take the plugs out and warm them .
or jump start it from your car the bigger battery will swing it over a bit faster ,if yours bike battery is getting low a bit

Use new petrol. If the old stuff is lying a few months it could be contaminated with water from condensation in the tank or just gone off if there is ethanol in it.

Use new petrol. If the old stuff is lying a few months it could be contaminated with water from condensation in the tank or just gone off if there is ethanol in it.

Hello again,
I tried both methods: Easy start (the packaging is lying - it wasn't easy to start), I drained the tank and put new fuel in and I also took the spark plugs out and gave them a quick polish.

Clouds of black smoke, idled like a bag of spanners for a while, but settled down.
I did find that the air temperature sensor had fouled on the air filter and distorted it, so guess I'll have to get another of those...
Still, she started so that's progress.

Back
Top Bottom