Iceland Adventure to the Westfjords.

Timarthy your not helping a poor auld flydy posting up them superb piccies..

:tears :tears :tears :tears :tears

Guess who's just joined the list :bounce1 going to be like a Iceland 2016 reunion!

Oh, brilliant. What’s the name of that Icelandic detective book I’ve got to read before we go?

Timarthy your not helping a poor auld flydy posting up them superb piccies..

:tears :tears :tears :tears :tears

Sorry Ash :D

DSCF2919-3-XL.jpg

I'll get the dates firmed up asap ie. this week :beerjug:

Dates!!! for flights.

Arrive 20th July morning

Depart 31st July morning

Email addresses

Here's a list of the fairly definites!

Me
Tom
Rob
Lee
Toddy
Simon
Byron
Joe
Geoff
Mark

I don't have all your email addresses so can you PM me with it soon, it'll be needed as we come to sort the shipping details then Mark will contact you in due course.

:beerjug:

Oh, brilliant. What’s the name of that Icelandic detective book I’ve got to read before we go?

I think you mean the spy/thriller 'Running Blind' by Desmond Bagley - A really good read for getting you into the spirit of crossing the interior (also an excellent BBC two part drama in the 1970's with such iconic actors as Vladek Sheybal and George Sewell).

No good for the Westfjords though, as even a 1970's Soviet spy wasn't brave enough to venture that far west!

Will be good to meet up again :thumb2

Riders

Me
Tom
Rob
Lee
Toddy
Simon
Byron
Joe
Geoff
Mark
Bakes

The ride is now full so if anyone else fancies it I'm afraid you need to be on a reserve list.

Booked. BA London more expensive but lots of bacon sandwiches in the lounge.

Hi Joe
What time dose the BA flight land, the EASYJET flight gets in at 8.30 on Friday 20th so we can collect bikes at 11am and get on the road

Arrives at 10 but don’t worry, I can catch you up somewhere - what could possibly go wrong..

FERRY to West Fjords ....Something to keep in mind.

Although I have a day and time in mind, I want to wait until I've thought some more on the timing.

We'll be taking a ferry from Stykkisholmur on the Snaefellsness Peninsular over to Brjanslaekur in the West Fjords as it saves a long ride around.

ferry-west-fjords-map.jpg

I've just checked and the current price for the date/time I have in mind is £66.98 with your bike.

It's a real pain to try and block book anything more than one so I'll be sending out a link for everyone to make their own booking.

Don't book it yet! :blast:D:D:D

Oh and don't worry there's straps on the boat but you need to tie your own bike down ...... just in case.....

35494b.jpg

Shipping bikes from U.K.

To guarantee bike to arrive in Iceland and clear customs ready for us to collect on the 20th July.
We will be loading the shipping container on the 4th July Immingham container base
This is just a heads up if you need to book day of work to deliver your bike to Immingham.
I will email full details closer to the time.

Back
Top Bottom