Iceland Adventure to the Westfjords.

Tyre pressures were about where I was last year. Right fork leg was at whatever they set it to in the factory, and the left one was at zero for compression and rebound as I never got around to adjusting it after replacing the leaking fork seal...........we are talking about a person brought up on 1950's BSA forks with 20/50 & rusty water providing the damping!
!

:blast:D
We'll have a look at it :beerjug:

Now my bike's getting excited as it nears completion and knows it's off somewhere again :beerjug:

35369043_10214246644492452_6253842347163910144_n.jpg

There's only 2 roads still closed and we're planning to ride one of them next Sat, fingers crossed it opens by then :)

Will they have finished laying the new tarmac and road signs by then ?

Can’t wait, looking forward to this.

Stupid question 1. Was it closed because of snow ( as in the photo). Do you know if the temps approx the same as last trip ?

Yes it would have been snow, first time I tried to get over it was impossible.

Temps? Just prepare for the worst and you can always be pleasantly surprised :D

Just had this reply from direct-travel.co.uk when explaining about that even the main R1 in Iceland is partially unsurfaced...

Thank you, I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to cover this if it does involve you going off road at any time during your trips, the road you've described in Iceland is unsurfaced for a few kilometers and would be considered offroad. We can only cover off road motorcycling up to 250cc. I'm afraid if you're driving a bike with a higher capacity we would be unable to add this on as an addition.

Useless insurance for all sorts of reasons if you're a biker Rob.

I use Bikers Travel Insurance
01256 770775

Thanks Tim, I'll give them a call tomorrow :thumb2

Rob, looking forward to seeing you again matey. Would you mind posting details of policy and premiums when you have them as I haven’t bought extra insurance myself yet.

Thanks Joe

Rob, looking forward to seeing you again matey. Would you mind posting details of policy and premiums when you have them as I haven’t bought extra insurance myself yet.

Thanks Joe

Hi Joe - One and a half sleeps to go!

Would have thought you would have had the same private Medevac helicopter with the pretty nurses following you around Iceland as the last time!

Basic price comes out at £107, but I am waiting on a medical assessment which will bump it up no doubt (having a Steroid injection in the knee last week from my GP has frightened them somewhat!)
Rob

Hi Joe - One and a half sleeps to go!

Would have thought you would have had the same private Medevac helicopter with the pretty nurses following you around Iceland as the last time!

Basic price comes out at £107, but I am waiting on a medical assessment which will bump it up no doubt (having a Steroid injection in the knee last week from my GP has frightened them somewhat!)
Rob

I used Holiday Safe with a couple of Med issues £48 might be worth a try, also rang them and talked through the probs,

Byron

After a day back on the daily treadmill.. I would just like to say what a fantastic trip and a huge thank you to our leader!!
Great weather some days.. pissing rain and wind the next ! But that all adds to the whole experience :rob
Well done Tim for all your advice patience and efforts in organising everything.
Thanks lads for your company I throughly enjoyed it.. Liam the 4am Irish alarm clock will never be forgotten.:aidan
Cheers and all the best and theres only one thing to add.. heres to the next one

Geoff :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom