1150GS adventure shocks on normal 1150gs

Benhur Malta

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dear All,

has anyone got any experience on using GS Adventure shocks on a standard GS....I like the idea of the greater ride height. I have also read somewhere that the performance of the adventure shocks is superior??

thanks

R.

I fitted the adventure model shocks to my standard gs, although you will need the sidestand and centre stand from the adventure model too. I can't say they work any better than the stock gs ones, as I didn't have them on long before changing to gsa wilbers shocks from and rear.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Imho the standard GS handles better on the road than the GSA.

If you venture off road the GSA is far better.

It's a subtle difference, but the lower c of g of the standard bike is a bit more confidence inspiring when you want to change line mid corner or when you've misread a corner and it tightens up on you.

Day to day the GSA is great, but when you really need it to get you out of the shit that extra 1" of suspension ain't quite as confidence inspiring. I've got Nitrons front and rear on my GSA now and I had them built 10mm shorter, it's almost as good as my old GS but still not quite there on the road. It soaks up the roads imperfections better than the GS and does make life a bit more comfortable, but when pressing on it still lacks something.

You're choice, but I'd invest in some quality standard length shocks.

Back
Top Bottom