Fitted a Tracker?

Reckless

Reaction score
Considering fitting a Tracker to my new GSA - anyone have any experience, advice or recommendations? Seems to me that anything unmonitored may be a waste of time or money and that you need police support tomrecover the bike or a lot of big mates!

Been looking at the Datatool device which seems to be decent value and provides a good service - any thoughts welcome.

Got a BikeTrac on mine, fitted by BMW, cost less than my excess. Posts on Facebook all the time showing bikes they’ve recovered, usually within a couple of hours.

Got a BikeTrac on mine, fitted by BMW, cost less than my excess. Posts on Facebook all the time showing bikes they’ve recovered, usually within a couple of hours.

+1 Very good and got fitted from new. Twice forgotten to put in service mode and got calls to say is there an issue with the bike very promptly.

Thanks for the fast replies - had a look at Bike Trac and I will be taking your advice - looks the business. Many thanks.

Had a Tracker Retrieve fitted to my RT.

Not cheap but peace of mind and no drain on the bike battery.

From memory biketrac costs £300, fitting will vary from dealer to dealer but suspect a couple of hours of labour. Costs around £100 per year subscription, but cheaper if you buy 3 years at once (or it used to be).

This is from 3 years ago, so costs may have changed, although I have just renewed the subs for another year at £99.

RBW.

Got a BikeTrak on my R1200R. Fitted it myself and not an expert at anything mechanical. £99 a year and a small discount off some insurance companies. Had my bike ACF50'd last week and because the bike moved very slightly, got a text, my wife had a text and we both received an email.

Should have said along with the above; you can check your route when you return from a run on their website; indeed, I suspect my wife checks from time to time in real time (which is a bit worrying!!) and the routes can be downloaded and shared with mates. Also has the facility to inform someone if the bike goes down, although I have that one switched off.

Fitted my own from Rewire Security. No subscription. Very accurate. Great App and logs rides, texts you etc etc. The only difference is you tell Police the location of where your bike is as opposed the company..... That’s if the police have anyone to go, just like the other companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spoke to IAM Surety and asked if they give a discount for Bike Trac or such trackers - NO sir :)

A genuine question..if someone steals your bike... "Do you want it back ?"

I ask that; ..because even if you use the insurer to repatriate your bike, the NCB will have already vapourised.
Seems like you might be better off with a brand new one?

First thing they seem to do it rip the seats off to look for a tracking device.

Back
Top Bottom