Fitted a Tracker?

My Biketrac is on its second bike, no idea where it is, but it’s not under the seat, or at least if it is you cannot see it.

Last edited:
Theres a personal tracker just flagged up on bennets
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...motorcycle-bike-product-kit-best-top-ten-2018

https://monimoto.com/

0837f2b29255b84b343025351ca379e4.png

A DIY tracking system

Costing just £159.99 and available now, MoniMoto is designed for scooters, motorcycles, quad bikes, snowmobiles, cars, caravans and even lawn mowers. The device is powered by two easily replaceable CR123A batteries, which are claimed to last about a year.

The device wakes up if movement or vibration is detected, then if the supplied key fob is not in range, it’ll call you within one minute and send its GPS location. These coordinates are updated every five minutes at first, then every 30 minutes for about five to seven days.

Made in Europe, MoniMoto is IP65 rated, so won’t fail if it gets wet, and works with iOS and Android devices. There’s no subscription fee, but that does mean that there’s not a monitoring team to work with the police in the event of a theft. The supplied SIM card costs just three Euros per month, and works across Europe, but you can swap it for your own if you want.

Rolandas Dranseika, CEO and co-founder told me that the advantage of using a phone call to notify the owner is that it can’t be missed like a typical smartphone notification. We’re looking forward to testing this system shortly

The rear locking system looks quite good too

d8978a2609f5cdf1a767a9f7b204633f.png

A lock that’s always with you

Still looking for a UK distributor is Push & Block. There are two versions available – the existing one mounts to your scooter’s centre stand and can be pushed closed with your foot, which stops the stand being flipped back up. It’s suitable for selected Piaggio, Vespa, Kymco, Yamaha and Honda scooters, with prices between 132 and 168 Euros.

Also announced at EICMA is a new system that fits in place of the left chain adjuster block on the swing-arm of the Honda Africa Twin, X-ADV, Integra 750 and NC750X, Yamaha Tracer 900 and Ducati Scrambler. By pushing in the locking pin, the rear sprocket is secured, making it impossible to ride or push the bike away. www.pusheblock.it

Thanks everyone - I have ordered the Bike Trac to be fitted to the new bike. Cost was £399 including the fitting then £9.99 per month for monitoring.

Sam Wray at Chainspeed is trialing the Monimoto as we speak and I impressed with it so far.”

I also have Biktrac and pleased so far. Real test would come if bike is stolen I suppose...

Feature I really like is ability to log onto their website and see the route my satnav has used! Otherwise never really know where I have been!

Have to say support from Biktrac is superb. Email them with a query and usually get a reply within the hour.

BTW it also monitors battery level and text and emails you if level getting low, though I have found this to be a false alarm on occasions as bike always starts.

I got a Biketrac fitted couple of weeks ago...can recommend!!

Got this fella to fit mine. does it mobile https://bikealarmman.com/?p=gallery

I bought a Biketrac direct from them at Motorcycle Live this week to take "advantage" of a special show price of £250. Now trying to get it fitted. Two BMW dealers quoting me an hour's labour at £100. So thought I'd try the Bike Alarm Man as I like to deal with small companies if I can and support them. He quoted me £100 as well - and that's with me taking the bike to him!! I expressed surprise given that he quotes £289 supply only and £325 supply and fit at his place. Now I wasn't expecting to just pay the £36 difference, after all he's missed out on some margin for not supplying the unit and he may be using that to subsidise fitting cost. But I wasn't expecting £100!! When I queried it he basically made it a take it or leave it deal and he would always "advise" going for a supply and fit deal. Thanks for "teaching me the lesson" Mr Bike Alarm Man!

Considering fitting it myself on my R1200RT but haven't messed with the electrics on it yet. I know I can get a switched feed off the GPS connector that BMW leave hanging near the front forks and can run cables direct to the battery for the permanent live and earth. Anyone have any do's or don'ts advice on that?

Cheers
David

Have to say support from Biktrac is superb. Email them with a query and usually get a reply within the hour.

I'll give you that sort of email response for half what they charge you and I'll negotiate with your insurance company so that, if your bike does get nicked, you get a payout to get yourself another decent bike instead of getting a stolen-recovered one with a broken steering lock and slashed seats. How's that for a deal?? ;)

BMW are now supplying and fitting the data tool alarm and have stopped using Trac R The bike is viewable via the Adventure Trakking site fitting costs are similar plus £99 yearly subs Can be set for movement texts alerts and accident emergency contacts

I know it’s the wrong forum, but I’ve recently switched a VFR800X for an R1200RS and had the BikeTrac taken off the VFR800X. BMW refused to fit it, so I searched for a fitter.

Ended up going with The Bike Alarm Man (Pete). I have to say, he’s ace and has done a top job. Charges £80 if you go to him or £124 if he comes to you.

Very knowledgeable and competent. Can’t recommend him highly enough.

Also mirror the plaudits for BikeTrac support.

Pete

Dewitt do - They are Thatchem level 6 /7 security devices. Bizarre

Bennetts do too.

The new 4G Invoxia GPS tracker is getting good reviews too. Has a rechargeable Li-ion battery, works on the same principle as the minimoto but on 4G not 3G and is a lot smaller, so easier to conceal.

Devitt gave me ZERO discount for the Datatool stealth tracker. Why bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Multi strada has a Bike Trac

It came wit the bike

It is shit or at least the GPS element of it is

I know for certain that my bike is in my garage i can see it on the camera but the Tracker App on my phone is showing it to be in Market Rasen where it passed through 10 days ago.

On the other hand the people at Bike trac know where it is as they have other ways of tracking it and i know if i even kick the tyres they ring me up almost instantly to tell me it has moved

So not all bad but i doubt i will renew the subscription

I've never used the phone app. On my laptops at home and work the furthest it's been from the point it's been parked is about 30 metres (once), usually less than 10. Since moving in April it's been bang on every time, even though in the garage.

Did have issues when I set it to geofence, had about 6 calls in a week from Biketrac saying it had moved - even though I could see it was where I left it. Switched it back to normal and all ok.

Back
Top Bottom