F 700 GS exhaust removal

IOM

Reaction score
Hi is the removal of full exhaust as awkward as it looks ie does the radiator need to be moved or are my first observations incorrect if anyone could shine a light on this for me would be grateful Thanks Hughie :beerjug:

If it's the same as the F800GS then yes ... did mine without touching the rad, but you need some small sockets etc. Fiddly but possible :thumb

cheers:beerjug: Micky thought removing the cover on the fan might help but that wont come out because of exhaust which is what I am trying to remove lol !think a torx ring spanner might help but as you say gonna be fiddly

cheers:beerjug: Micky thought removing the cover on the fan might help but that wont come out because of exhaust which is what I am trying to remove lol !think a torx ring spanner might help but as you say gonna be fiddly

Ha yes indeed, t'is fiddly for sure. I have a small 1/4" drive socket set, with very fine small ratchet :thumb

Feint heart ... go for it :D

:beerjug:

Ha yes indeed, t'is fiddly for sure. I have a small 1/4" drive socket set, with very fine small ratchet :thumb

Feint heart ... go for it :D

Was taking off for a proper clean bottled it and cleaned it in place a few hours but pleased with results thanks for your input atb Hughie

Was taking off for a proper clean bottled it and cleaned it in place a few hours but pleased with results thanks for your input atb Hughie

Result :thumb

I certainly wouldn't take it off just to clean it :eek:

Only been off once in its life, to take the Cat out ...

Here it is at 100,000 + miles and eight years of thrashin' :D

i-9t5rckw-L.jpg

Result :thumb

I certainly wouldn't take it off just to clean it :eek:

Only been off once in its life, to take the Cat out ...

Here it is at 100,000 + miles and eight years of thrashin' :D

i-9t5rckw-L.jpg

Wow thats in good fettle Micky dont get me wrong mines not bad but not even run in compared lol

Micky was it worth removing the CAT ? and what advantages are noticeable other than less heat ?

Micky was it worth removing the CAT ? and what advantages are noticeable other than less heat ?

Less weight ... but then I could easily match that with a week off the bier :blast

No advantages noticed Chicken ... just a matter of principles, 'cos I could :thumb

i-32rxXpG-L.jpg

i-43dpvqr-L.jpg

i-9hN5M8R-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom