ACF 50 spray gun? Any good?

i use the same gun a paint spraying gun it work great i spray my bike all through the winter and have no corrosion

The one that comes with the bottle is a waste of time. You get a jet rather than a spray.

I am sure that Colin, the owner of Killer Brands, will be using that exact type of spray gun when he valets my bike (for the third year running) on Friday.

All I can say is I don't know yet but when my little parcel turns up I will let you know
Is Collin on this forum then

You need a paraffin gun, it has a long 300mm adjustable nozzle, you can get into all the difficult places, you need to set it on a fine mist
Paraffin gun has a red metal bowl, with metal nozzle and gun screwed in to the top, half Hill with ACF50 give it a good shake, place bowl in boiling water, leave until ACF is hot it spreads better, spray on all electrical connections (that’s what it was developed for) mating/joining surfaces and welds
You won’t use a lot if you do it properly

Been thinking about this recently - can anyone recommend an ACF50 mister that's not compressor powered? Is this what the paraffin gun does? Looked online but they all look like oil guns to me.

Been thinking about this recently - can anyone recommend an ACF50 mister that's not compressor powered? Is this what the paraffin gun does? Looked online but they all look like oil guns to me.

Many years ago I watched Edd China using a hand pump spray containing chemicals. The spray looked quite robust and I thought its got to be better than using the one I use on the roses.

It was if there is such a expression "workshop grade". I looked and found one with viton rubber seals. Similar to this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-S...952403&hash=item21322e8206:g:qskAAOSwXetZQQQK.

Rather a long paste and copy but Ive tried it and it works.

Its not the one I bought but its look identical. You can get a decent bit pressure into it and the nozzle spray fitting was excellent. No comparison to my rose spray. So when required heat up the ACF50 and apply. The bottle will retain its pressure for weeks. The seals are good.

It will never beat a compressor but it does for me.

Many years ago I watched Edd China using a hand pump spray containing chemicals. The spray looked quite robust and I thought its got to be better than using the one I use on the roses.

It was if there is such a expression "workshop grade". I looked and found one with viton rubber seals. Similar to this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-S...952403&hash=item21322e8206:g:qskAAOSwXetZQQQK.

Rather a long paste and copy but Ive tried it and it works.

Its not the one I bought but its look identical. You can get a decent bit pressure into it and the nozzle spray fitting was excellent. No comparison to my rose spray. So when required heat up the ACF50 and apply. The bottle will retain its pressure for weeks. The seals are good.

It will never beat a compressor but it does for me.

thats very handy !

You can buy a garden sprayer for a Quid and as long as you warm the ACF 50 up and give it a shake in between sprays works fine

I have tried this and it's a waste of time the trigger normally break due to the oil pressure

Thats one of the reasons I posted my link. The "workshop grade" are exactly that. The cheap sprays are cheap for a reason. ACF50 is good but I use it together FS365 (not mixed) The combination must be effective I don't have any corrosion issues.

Do you guys literally spray the bike with ACF 50? Does in not attract loads of road dirt?

It does attract the dirt but it just rubs off when you are ready to fully clean the bike.

Just apply the ACF50 to a clean bike and it should last the winter. Don't 'clean' the bike otherwise you will have to reapply the ACF. Instead, just rinse the bike down with a hose.

Paraffin gun is compressor fed, the higher the pressure the better the spray, you need the spray that fine you can hardly see it, I use it at 160 psi, that’s for the spray, but don’t get too close to components with that pressure
When it’s used on aircraft it’s used at a higher pressure, it’s the mist that’s created that does the job, not getting every pissed through with the stuff

Back
Top Bottom