New Shoei Neotec for 2018

I tried one on today. I first tried my usual 58/59 which is L in this helmet but I soon realised that the fit was too loose.

I then tried the 56/57 M and it fitted well, albeit a little tight across the forehead. ISTR experiencing this tightness initially with previous Shoei helmets so not concerned about that.
I’m really struck by the softness of the padding and comfort of the fit.

J&S in Aberdeen reckon May for the comms system at a price of circa £265.
Great thing about Lids Direct, if it don't fit they will refund or replace it for another size and even pay for the return postage.

Strangely im a medium in the previous Neotec, the bod at the nec said im a small in the new'un so bought a small however after sitting with it on my head for 30 mins the skull foam felt tight and pinched my forehead and i had red patches (hot spots) so sent it back for a medium, the medium is not as snug as the previous neotec, but ill overcome this by changing the skull inner foam.

Feridax, said early to mid may for comms .

Wonder if the commas system is just the Sena 10u? That fits directly into the neotech now.

Probably is.

It is a SENA unit that is very similar to the one that fits Schuberth C4 lids. The Coms kit will be sub £250 but if you buy form Infinity motorcycles you get -20% discount if purchased at same time (ie single transaction), which is basically a VAT free as there is no VAT on helmets and if coms kit is installed at same time, which now become "one" unit hence the discount.

I have tried new neotec 2 on a couple of weeks back, and it felt very nice and comfy. Last year I bought Schuberth E1 with Sena 10U coms to replace my 5 year old C3 pro with SRC system. and that is nice to but since !0U become Schuberth branded, it no longer came with remote control and in order to start bike to bike conversation, one has to open the visor, fiddle with buttons mounted atop of cheek pad (not fun in the rain) and so on. Neotec has buttons mounted on the outside of the lid which makes me want one just for that reason, not to mention, other good reasons to go Shoei.

I have a question regarding the Sena SRL system. Is it actually waterproof? Cannot seem to find any information relating to this?

I have a question regarding the Sena SRL system. Is it actually waterproof? Cannot seem to find any information relating to this?

Think you'll find none of the BT setups are waterproof. They will be water resistant, which is a great catch all.

Srl fitted.

Got the TC6 Neotech II and installed the SRL (think effectively 20S gubbins).

Once you work out what needs to pair with what its a breeze to setup on gsa with tft.

Iphone to tft, tft to helmet and if you use navi6 to phone 2 on helmet... last part still need to verify as my nav6 gone back as screen unresponsive! :mad:

Anyhow coming from shoei multitec, neotec 2 is lovely. Srl fits in v nicely, buttons and commands work very easily and vox is same as s20. Helmet much quieter and more snug (mbe just new), but esp around the neck area. Very little wind noise from under the helmet.

Btw the fm radio on this srl is the clearest fm signal i have ever heard... no kidding. Sounds like digital signal.

Not really used in earnest yet as weather this we is just pants. Will update as i get some more hands on time.

From champion helmets fwiw .. waited ages but looks like i got one of the first srl batches.

Got the TC6 Neotech II and installed the SRL (think effectively 20S gubbins).

Once you work out what needs to pair with what its a breeze to setup on gsa with tft.

Iphone to tft, tft to helmet and if you use navi6 to phone 2 on helmet... last part still need to verify as my nav6 gone back as screen unresponsive! :mad:

Anyhow coming from shoei multitec, neotec 2 is lovely. Srl fits in v nicely, buttons and commands work very easily and vox is same as s20. Helmet much quieter and more snug (mbe just new), but esp around the neck area. Very little wind noise from under the helmet.

Btw the fm radio on this srl is the clearest fm signal i have ever heard... no kidding. Sounds like digital signal.

Not really used in earnest yet as weather this we is just pants. Will update as i get some more hands on time.

From champion helmets fwiw .. waited ages but looks like i got one of the first srl batches.

When you get a chance can you tell me what its like to ride at speed with music on and wearing ear plugs ? Can you still hear the music ? Ta

ChampionHelmets In Netherlands.... I waited weeks....but comms and service was really good... would use again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you get a chance can you tell me what its like to ride at speed with music on and wearing ear plugs ? Can you still hear the music ? Ta

No you can't. Whilst the fitting is much neater than the old 10U I've found the speakers aren't as loud. Now that could just be speaker positioning but as they're fixed there's not much you can do to adjust them. Anything above 50 mph and I turn music off as it just becomes noise, and that's with filtered plugs. I've done 2k miles in the new Neotech and it is indeed very comfy but I don't think it's any quieter than the old one. I've removed the chin piece to allow air to circulate otherwise the area inside becomes very humid and eventually breaches the pinlock

No you can't. Whilst the fitting is much neater than the old 10U I've found the speakers aren't as loud. Now that could just be speaker positioning but as they're fixed there's not much you can do to adjust them. Anything above 50 mph and I turn music off as it just becomes noise, and that's with filtered plugs. I've done 2k miles in the new Neotech and it is indeed very comfy but I don't think it's any quieter than the old one. I've removed the chin piece to allow air to circulate otherwise the area inside becomes very humid and eventually breaches the pinlock

Ta.

Plan B then,whatever that is ...

If it's just music and nav instructions you want to listen to when riding solo then you may want to try a pair of these...

https://www.beoplay.com/en/landingpages/beoplaye8

Unbelievable sound quality and they fit in my ears without coming out when i put my Neotec II on. No good if you want comms to pillion admittedly but for nav and music when riding solo you won't get better sound quality anywhere else..

Pricey i know but quality is fantastic!

Picked mine up today, fitted the SRL, so far so good, paired to sat nav and phone, no probs, music , very good once sound on phone was turned up, meeting up with others tomorrow, for weekend in Brecons, so will have a better feel on helmet and coms unit.

Ride from Cornwall up to Abergavenny, Saturday, rode around the Brecons, which was fantastic, perfect weather , helmet was faultless, SRL, worked great with phone and navigator, but could not pair it to anyone else! Met someone on Saturday, who had paired theirs with a Scala, but couldn’t remember how he done it, he admitted the instructions that came with it were rubbish regarding pairing with another headset, hey ho, will have to look through YouTube:)

Ride from Cornwall up to Abergavenny, Saturday, rode around the Brecons, which was fantastic, perfect weather , helmet was faultless, SRL, worked great with phone and navigator, but could not pair it to anyone else! Met someone on Saturday, who had paired theirs with a Scala, but couldn’t remember how he done it, he admitted the instructions that came with it were rubbish regarding pairing with another headset, hey ho, will have to look through YouTube:)

Out of interest where did you get the Sena from. I’m struggling to find them in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any feedback regarding hearing instructions/talking with pals at speed with the integrated comms would be much appreciated, i wear plugs, apart from interphone stuff I'm struggling to hear anything above 50 with other integrated comms, the C4 was shite.

Not with others, they had g9x scala’s or bmw/Schuberth comms units, we couldn’t figure out , how to link, but phone and navigator worked very well and very clear, even with ear plugs.

Back
Top Bottom