New Shoei Neotec for 2018

I’ve used my Neotec 2 all week in France and done 1500 miles in the last 6 days or so with an 800 mile schlep home to come over the next few days.
A few thoughts,for what it’s worth.

The helmet seems much quieter than the Neotec 1.
The fit,for me is the same as I took an L in both but others seem to find it different.
The lining is plusher and the underneath has a nicer finish so velcro on gloves don’t snag as before.

495cb3b454b5d995b0552ea1ee9a3f3d.jpg

The visor seals shut very well,so much so that if you ride in rain,don’t lift up your visor unless necessary,as water will sit on the top and then run down inside when your break the seal.

The vents are simple but don’t seem very ‘airy’,especially the chin vent.
Make sure you fit the breath guard correctly,as shown, as i initially had it covering the vent !! Doh.

9646cdd2ba8be41d5a7c90162a5dcab1.jpg

All in all I’m very impressed with it.Time will tell what the ventilation is like in hot weather-it’s only been up to 18degs this week down in the S of F.

Not seen one in the flesh yet, and can’t find the answer by Google search. But can you fit a side mounted comms unit to the Neotec 2? The black plastic side pods look to be in the way. All the reviews seem to feature the integrated comms system.

Not seen one in the flesh yet, and can’t find the answer by Google search. But can you fit a side mounted comms unit to the Neotec 2? The black plastic side pods look to be in the way. All the reviews seem to feature the integrated comms system.

Not sure without trying but it looks like you could still slide up the mount for a Packtalk and similar....

I’ve used my Neotec 2 all week in France and done 1500 miles in the last 6 days or so with an 800 mile schlep home to come over the next few days.
A few thoughts,for what it’s worth.

The vents are simple but don’t seem very ‘airy’,especially the chin vent.
Make sure you fit the breath guard correctly,as shown, as i initially had it covering the vent !! Doh.

9646cdd2ba8be41d5a7c90162a5dcab1.jpg

All in all I’m very impressed with it.Time will tell what the ventilation is like in hot weather-it’s only been up to 18degs this week down in the S of F.

Thanks for posting that, your comment regarding the breath guard made me go and have a look at mine where i discovered it was also covering the vents!! Explains why the dark shield was steaming up with the main visor down and not clearing unless i opened it... Should've checked when i bought it really, the guard was fitted when i bought the lid from Motolegends...

I've just ordered the Sena SRL kit to fit to my Neotec II and it should arrive tomorrow so i'll let you know how i get on with it..

Had my Neotec 2 for a week now and have ridden in all weathers. As soon as I pulled it on it was noticeably more comfortable and a better fit than my Schuberth C3pro.

I am able to turn my head much easier as it does not snag on the collar of my jacket, much improving my peripheral vision. The exhaust on my Guzzi is fairly loud but is much quieter in the Neotec although wind noise is about the same, no buffeting.

Sadly for me there is one massive downside. It is impossible to ride in the rain in my glasses. Absolutely no problem in the dry, no misting of the visor, which clicks closed very nicely, no misting of my glasses.

It's not to bad in light rain but in heavy rain my glasses instantly mist over. It's easy enough to crack the visor but rain immediately comes down the inside of the visor.

I can ride without my glasses, which for me is not dangerous but it does blur my distance vision.

Without glasses it's absolutely fabulous. Heavy rain, click the visor shut and off you go, no misting, if you want to clear the visor just stick your head into the air flow, clears instantly.

I really like the helmet and am going to have to do some experimentation with the glasses, but if I have to ride without glasses in the rain then so be it.

Having just read Arsey's post again, I nipped into the shed to discover I had also covered the lower vent with the breath guard.:blast

I have now fitted it properly and will report back as to any improvement on the misting glasses situation. I wondered why it seemed to be worse with the guard fitted.

Not sure without trying but it looks like you could still slide up the mount for a Packtalk and similar....

I had a look at one in Infinity, and I am sure you could fit a backtalk, either by the clip or by the sticky pad. The Packtalk would sit slightly further back from the plastic cover. That is my plan, when I change my Neotec later this year :)

Thanks for posting that, your comment regarding the breath guard made me go and have a look at mine where i discovered it was also covering the vents!! Explains why the dark shield was steaming up with the main visor down and not clearing unless i opened it... Should've checked when i bought it really, the guard was fitted when i bought the lid from Motolegends...

Having just read Arsey's post again, I nipped into the shed to discover I had also covered the lower vent with the breath guard.:blast

I have now fitted it properly and will report back as to any improvement on the misting glasses situation. I wondered why it seemed to be worse with the guard fitted.

Ha ha !

I was in two minds whether to mention it as thought it was just me being a numpty !
Seems I’m not the only one !

Rode in utterly torrential thunderstorm today for an hour and helmet stayed bone dry and totally clear .

It’s much better than the original Neotec and in a different class to the dreadful Schuberth C4 that I got rid of after a few months

I’ve only done 100 miles in mine so far but I would say that I’ve not thought about ‘helmet’ during those miles.

To me that means it must be working great

Tried the code. Yes good.
But not sure on the size. Was a large on the previous Neotec.

But have read that I might need a med.

Arseyhole. Change your name back.

LidsDirect may still be offering 20% off using NEWSLETTER20 code.

Saved myself £240 on two helmets !!!

Heads up, Infinity will price match that Lidsdirect’s 20%, was looking at the Neotec ll, but as it didn’t fit me as I’d like, didn’t get one. But still used the “Newsletter20” code and got a Shoei GT Air and Sena 10U, with 20% off, from infinity Oxford. :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom