New Shoei Neotec for 2018

Fitted the SRL kit and I’m using it on a quick trip to Brittany .
It’s brilliant !!!
When I had my Schuberth C4 with SC1 comms kit fitted I couldn’t hear music with ear plugs in above about 50mph but the Neotec2/SRL is MUCH louder and is fine way up into three figure speeds . And I’m riding my H2 SX so smallish screen with associated wind noise.
A great helmet now even better !

That’s good. Is there any water leaking down the inside of the visor ?

That’s good. Is there any water leaking down the inside of the visor ?

Nope 🤪

534da15b39cd32e9fafcaa5d2b1f5927.jpg

Hello people. I’ve just read every post on this thread. I’ve ordered a Neotec II TC-5 with SRL from Motolegends with a 20% discount on the SRL. I’m tempted to cancel the order now and buy from Lids Direct and get 20% off a £599 TC-5 Neotec II. However its taken over a month to even hear from Motolegends when the SRL is coming in stock - this coming week apparently. Since then I’ve been doing as much research on coms as possible and I came to the conclusion that BT coms are not very good for music quality. My need is music from phone and sat nav audio - thats it as I tend to ride solo. However the SRL has 31.9mm speaker drivers at 4.4mm thick compared to the Sena 20s + 20s Evo which have 40mm at 6.5mm thick. One guy on Youtube with the Neotec TC-5 and SRL did quickly mention the sound was tinny. In the past I have used Autocom Pro Duo (Kitt 300 Duo) in a Shoei Multitec on a previous GSA (I still have that Autocom in the box). That’s all I have to go on regarding sound quality. Not sure if the SRL will be better or worse? I also understand that I may not be able to return the SRL once opened? So I would be grateful for any feedback from people concerning their SRL sound quality when listening to music. I too always use Halfords foam ear protectors + balaclava so I tend to have a much quieter ride. I ride a GSA LC stock exhaust and a Buell V twin with loudish exhaust.

Thanks.
Paul

Hello people. I’ve just read every post on this thread. I’ve ordered a Neotec II TC-5 with SRL from Motolegends with a 20% discount on the SRL. I’m tempted to cancel the order now and buy from Lids Direct and get 20% off a £599 TC-5 Neotec II. However its taken over a month to even hear from Motolegends when the SRL is coming in stock - this coming week apparently. Since then I’ve been doing as much research on coms as possible and I came to the conclusion that BT coms are not very good for music quality. My need is music from phone and sat nav audio - thats it as I tend to ride solo. However the SRL has 31.9mm speaker drivers at 4.4mm thick compared to the Sena 20s + 20s Evo which have 40mm at 6.5mm thick. One guy on Youtube with the Neotec TC-5 and SRL did quickly mention the sound was tinny. In the past I have used Autocom Pro Duo (Kitt 300 Duo) in a Shoei Multitec on a previous GSA (I still have that Autocom in the box). That’s all I have to go on regarding sound quality. Not sure if the SRL will be better or worse? I also understand that I may not be able to return the SRL once opened? So I would be grateful for any feedback from people concerning their SRL sound quality when listening to music. I too always use Halfords foam ear protectors + balaclava so I tend to have a much quieter ride. I ride a GSA LC stock exhaust and a Buell V twin with loudish exhaust.

Thanks.
Paul

You can ask Motolegends to price match lids direct offer of -20% all round and as per their (Motolegends) own policy they should/will give you further -10%.

f1d408cc2b602d42a5f5c2efb4945211.jpg

Sorry can’t comment on SRL as I have no experience with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed Motolegends on their dedicated email address (pricebeat@motolegends.com), as per their instructions, asking if they would beat the Lids Direct price and never received a response (over a week ago). Others appear to have had some success, but not me.

I emailed Motolegends on their dedicated email address (pricebeat@motolegends.com), as per their instructions, asking if they would beat the Lids Direct price and never received a response (over a week ago). Others appear to have had some success, but not me.

Might be worth popping into store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime I ever tried them with the price matching stuff they have always found some reason to dismiss my comparison....when/if they eventually replied. Won't bother again.

Thanks for the heads up on the price matching. I’ll give it a go.

Now going back to my question. Any news in the SRL sound quality? How does the sound quality compare with others especially the Autocom Pro duo which I believe was a very popular intercoms in its day.

Give them a call then. They probably get emails daily from 'non genuine' customers wanting a price match.

They matched FC Moto's price on my TomTom Rider 550, and delivered to to me FOC.

Just got mine from Helmet city + SRL got it fitted in store with thinner skull cap cant try it until next week.

Folks, I have done around 2k miles in the Neotech 2 so far and I have noticed that there are some very fine marks appearing on the upper sides of the pinlock.

It would appear that when the chin piece on my particular helmet is opened that the rubber seal at the top of visor is catching the pinlock as the mechanism moves into the flip position.

Has anyone else noticed any fine lines appearing? This is not occurring when I simply open the visor with the chin piece down only when I open the chin piece into the flip position.

Not done anywhere near your mileage, but having looked at mine, if the visor seal were to be marking the pinlock, it would be so far above a normal operating view not to be a problem.

Can you post some pics?

D.

Sure will post some pictures upon my return from holiday.

Not done anywhere near your mileage, but having looked at mine, if the visor seal were to be marking the pinlock, it would be so far above a normal operating view not to be a problem.

D.

Exactly this.

I'm on the return leg of a 3k trip and noticed some very light rub marks on the top inner pinkock, but as you state it's above operating view so not really a problem.

The lid has been water tight, torrential downpour and no leaking visor, it's a bit awkward getting the visor unclipped from the lid and back on, to a point I thought I was going to beak it.

Very impressed

I agree with you on the visor replacement mechanics....what a pain in the arse. I guess practice might make it an easier operation, but, what were Shoei thinking??

D.

I agree with you on the visor replacement mechanics....what a pain in the arse. I guess practice might make it an easier operation, but, what were Shoei thinking??

D.
Are you talking about the inner tinted visor or the outer clear one? Shoeis are generally very easy to change the outer ones.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom