New Shoei Neotec for 2018

Wonder if the commas system is just the Sena 10u? That fits directly into the neotech now.

Not sure if I'm gone on the looks of it. My own Neotec probably due a change next year and the integrated coms is very tempting. It's not really any more expensive than the original Neotec + Sena 10U

The schuberth offerings have gone up by £70 recently and when you add £200 for the plug in comms the neotec looks better value.

It’s lighter, fitted my head better, looks sharper and has a better visor seal. SENA was involved with the neotech development from the start so it’s much more than a re hashed 10U. The buttons are on panels either side of the chin bar so I don’t think you need a remote anymore. I like it and it’s about the same price the original Neotec was when it came out

Nice graphics and the paint finish will probably be the usual Shoei..........excellent.
49bd431bb89b06820d854e0112e48d5c.jpg
92f77b4b7c51d50de605ac6121bb1357.jpg
47ce22237e4f821b424c5f3ecd9fbf40.jpg

Sent from a U11

Not a fan of integrated comms, simply because once bought that is it and they don't get upgraded. Assume you will still be able to fit the other BT units to the side of the Helmet. The BMW integrated system was a pain in the arse and the Schuberth one isn't doing much better. Personally I would rather be able to pick my comms supplier.

The BMW integrated system was a pain in the arse and the Schuberth one isn't doing much better. Personally I would rather be able to pick my comms supplier.

I agree re the Schuberth systems. I've had it on a C3 and also an M1. Neither is great, especially when paired with a BMW Nav5. However, I've always found the BMW integrated set-up to be 100% tip-top...

I agree re the Schuberth systems. I've had it on a C3 and also an M1. Neither is great, especially when paired with a BMW Nav5. However, I've always found the BMW integrated set-up to be 100% tip-top...

I was referring to using the thing ie button placement etc. But I ride different bikes so need a system I can use with different models and swap to different Helmets as I have a couple, one for Blood Biking and one for leisure. Having recently bought a Scala Pactalk, I am loathe to swap to an integrated system, but could do with a new Helmet :)

Agree with above. Independent comms are easier on the pocket, and it looks like the buttons will be harder to operate than on my Sena 20s.
Another thing I've noticed, is that these integrated comms don't seem to have the facility to use custom in ear monitors.............. Which is rubbish IMHO.

Very happy with my Neotech and Sena 20s set up.

Cracking deals at the show on the old Neotec saved £200
Most the dealers had them at the same price but they were going fast

Agree with above. Independent comms are easier on the pocket, and it looks like the buttons will be harder to operate than on my Sena 20s.
Another thing I've noticed, is that these integrated comms don't seem to have the facility to use custom in ear monitors.............. Which is rubbish IMHO.

Very happy with my Neotech and Sena 20s set up.

So you can't unplug their speakers and put your own in then? Just bought a set of Torx xpro for one of my helmets, big improvement over the standard Packtalk ones.

Tried on the Neotec 2, comfy and liked the integrated comms. Have owned a System 2 and two BMW System 4s, and a Schuberth C2. Was considering a Neotec with a Sena 10u before the new one was announced. Will have to wait till the new year.

One surprise at the show today was the Bell modular, liked it and a good price.

Tom

I mentioned it recently on the Tell me about your helmet thread. I will look to get one when they have arrived in the dealers early next year as I’d been thinking about replacing my current Neotec for a while.

Their spec listings don’t advise weight but hoping there is a reduction, many helmets especially flips suffer from being too heavy for lng use. Price wise, it’s only a few quid up on the previous price but of course I’ve noticed deals appearing now to clear the previous model.

Anyone picked up the Neotec 2 yet? I’m currently thinking about one and the comms system. Have to say I’m a little disappointed I can’t use my UE’s with it though without getting an external comms system.

If anyone is interested, I got an email from Lids Direct the other day offering 20% discount on all their helmets and accessories. Just enter the discount code PAYDAY. I'm not sure how long the code is valid for, but I've just tried it and it still works.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom