Recommend some gnarly but picturesque trails in Morocco

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
pic%205_zpswtf7b6zz.png

The woman and I plan to take my new toy to Morocco in February. The machine is 4WD and will go anywhere a well-ridden trail bike will go (not you, Snoops!).

We'll be travelling over a couple of weeks and will head down as far as Tafraoute (for the Almond Blossom Festival).

We will travel light and stay in decent hotels.

I have no particular routes in mind, so what trails would you guys recommend?

Wow. You need one of those ‘who does with the most toys wins’ bumper stickers.

I'll email you a few Greg, where else are you going?

The last time i went, we used Chris Scott's book 'Morocco Overland'. It has coordinates etc for loads of pistes with start and finish points, where to get fuel (they always start from a garage for fuel) and how much water to take etc. Highly recommended.

Never seen one of those

Sorry about the typo, I couldn’t edit it..

For the avoidance of doubt, I mean “whoever dies with most toys wins”

Should have got a can am Greg.

Those Yamaha’s are all top end revvy and clutch issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have got a can am Greg.

Those Yamaha’s are all top end revvy and clutch issues.

I had a Polaris and wanted the change in part because I didn't want a rubber band drive - which the Can-Am also has.

I'm alert to the clutch issues with the Yamaha - they are mostly due to the gear ratios being too high and drivers having to extensively slip the clutch when the going gets tough. After we've been to Morocco, I plan to install the wide-ratio gearbox kit from www.tubeworks.com (exactly the same kit is also sold by Yamaha (link) - unfortunately not yet available through European Yamaha outlets)

Having driven both the Polaris and the Yamaha, so far the Yam wins on just about every count!

:thumb

If it sorts it then fine. I saw a guy fry a clutch in one in less than a day from new. Not crazy driving either just general hooning in hilly terrain.

There can still be a lot of water around in February Greg.... also a lot of piste and or road damage.

I always go in September now, actually next year our trip will span September and October, the weather is perfect then and minimal risk of water rain being a problem.

There can still be a lot of water around in February Greg.... also a lot of piste and or road damage.

I always go in September now, actually next year our trip will span September and October, the weather is perfect then and minimal risk of water rain being a problem.

Both the lady and I have a/l to use before April. What's more, we need a holiday.

Not too worried about road damage - the Yamaha is far more capable than the monsters you drive! ;)

We could always go again in the autumn....

If it sorts it then fine. I saw a guy fry a clutch in one in less than a day from new. Not crazy driving either just general hooning in hilly terrain.

This afternoon I bought a pack of new clutch plates and the required gasket.

Back
Top Bottom