Handling of standard v reduced ride height

I have a lowered GSA and come from a standard GS, handling wise I would say there is no difference at all.
Riding position on a standard GSA to a lowered GSA would be the same too as the height reduction is made via the suspension
The only difference I have noticed is the pegs touching down, not all the time but only when I am cracking on a bit, usually on good dry days and decent roads
The way around this for me is to take things up one notch ie, for rider only I ride in rider plus luggage and if loaded I ride in luggage with passenger, this takes things up just enough to sort ground clearance but not too much to affect my feet being on the floor when stopped
I would imagine at your height though feet on the floor would'nt be a problem with a standard height bike
For me though the lowered suspension is a god send, so much more confidence when coming to a stop

Thanks Delamitri, that’s very useful.

This motorcycles trials stuff always amazes me if I happen to catch some on the TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RngZWIe5a-M

Incredible!

I was lucky enough to see Dougie Lampkin, live, and was also very close, which emphasises the scale of the obstacles and makes it seem even more impossible. They make it look easy, but at the same time it sort of defies belief.

Back
Top Bottom