600 miles service

Likelylad

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anybody tell me how much I can expect to pay for a 600 miles service on my new ( when it arrives RT).
I have called several dealers for a price,it's like pulling teeth,they just won't give me a price.A couple of them have said "it depends on what needs doing"!
Rybrook,Wolverhampton,my supplying dealer,told me the cost would be about the same as a 6000 miles service.Your thoughts chaps,would be appreciated.

Free, bartered into the original deal...but otherwise I'd be somewhat annoyed if it was anywhere over £100. Isn't it just an oil and filter and general check over.

I paid £176 back in June for the 600 mile service..
Engine oil change with filter, shaft drive oil change and checked for fault codes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oooop Norf.......Willaims and Bowkers will be around £170 inc vat........you should always negotiate a free first service when purchasing the machine. Your supplying dealer should offer you the best service price if he wants to retain you as a customer ... get a price from them and then tell them you have had a better offer of £50 less can they match ?

I can understand the engine oil change but the shaft drive what’s the reason there?

My Dealer just charged for Oils, consumables and Filters - Labour was free if you bought the bike from them - it was about £100.

They also sorted a few issues like Headlight Aim which had been done incorrectly / or ignored by Bracknell PDI.

This may not help but I have never been asked to pay for a 600 mile service, last new bike was 2015, had new engine this year and not asked for money, when collected from 600 mile service

Hi all,
Can anybody tell me how much I can expect to pay for a 600 miles service on my new ( when it arrives RT).
I have called several dealers for a price,it's like pulling teeth,they just won't give me a price.A couple of them have said "it depends on what needs doing"!
Rybrook,Wolverhampton,my supplying dealer,told me the cost would be about the same as a 6000 miles service.Your thoughts chaps,would be appreciated.

You should go back to your supplying dealer because "if anything needs doing" they'll be motivated to fix it, free of charge. Other dealers may fix any issues but will be looking for a way of making money out of it.
You slipped up by not negotiating it into the purchase price.
Reckon it'll cost £100-£200.

Just got my new GS from Blade at Rednall. If you buy the bike from they they only charge for the parts for the 600 mile service, the labour is free. I had the same with my last GS I got from there and IIRC it was about £60 for the bits. As you've done the deal Rybrook probably won't do anything now but might be worth ringing Blade up to see what they would charge if they're not too far from you. They will usually give you an appointment and do the service while you wait too if you want :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom