F800 GS Trophy

westride

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for some advice from F800GS owners! I've hired one of these in 2010 for two weeks in NZ South Island. I'm thinking about buying ex demo from dealer. I've owned several 1200 GS's with no major realisability issues! Just how reliable are these bikes? I'm looking to keep this for a few years, use it over the winter months. It will covered in ACF/50. If anyone thinks I shouldn't touch it, please explain why. Greateful for useful information. Thanks

Thanks for that, I've looked at Africa Twin as a second bike! I like the look of both. I'm going to make my mind up soon. Think it will be F800GS.

Far better fuel economy that the 1200, you do use the gear box more. But I have always thought that helps stay in the moment. Closing in on 100,000miles (though I did have a partial engine rebuild at 49,000miles in 2011). I now use mine as just a winter-hack instead of my ducati-multistrada-enduro during the salt eroding period we will be going through shortly.

Thanks for that, 100,000 that sounds good to me. I sometimes think I've changed my bikes too often. That's certainly going to change going forward.

Back
Top Bottom