BMW communication system for system7

firstime911

Reaction score
Hi, i'm thinking of buying this BMW communication system for system7 (Bluetooth) i want to make sure about the following function before making a purchase, since is quite expensive compare to other brands. It fit to the helmet itself that the only reason i like about it. I only need two functions!

1. Can it connect intercom with Sena, My wife using Sena 20s if i want to buy it main reason is to be able to communicate to my passenger. I notice both Sena and BMW accept A2DP connection.
2. How is the music quality, when i ride alone i mostly listen to music via mobile bluetooth.

I've been googling around no information about it.. THank you

Hi,

The dealers in the UK are only just getting them in at the moment, my own dealer is talking Xmas time. Which is why there is no feedback on here at the moment.

I think that the Bmw comms for the system 7 is Bluetooth 2, whereas most current systems are Bluetooth 4, I don’t know if they are backwards compatible but it looks as if BMW are a bit behind the curve on the Comms kit.

It’s a pity as I really like the idea of the removable front on the System 7

I would also like to know how this works as it seems there is no system out there that actually works with phone / music and communicator with pillion / other riders while interfacing with the bike. It seems the various makes do one of the functions OK but not all of them. The BMW comms using a BT 2.0 protocol is also a bit surprising for a technology just introduced by BMW .. very odd. Maybe some tech savvy guys can comment on why that may be.

All I am after is a system that

a) can hook up to my GSA's TFT Connectivity (and the Navi 6 if I get one).
b) connect to my iP7 for basic nav (should I not get the Navi 6).
c) take phone calls ...
d) not fussed with music

What route should I go...?

Sorry OP if I am hijacking but assume you may have similar questions!?

Cheers
Steve

Steve, I have a new System 7 helmet and waiting on the arrival of the comms kit, but will not be buying it until I can at least get some feed back on whether its worthwhile. BMW certainly have been a bit slow in introducing it.

Steve

I have just ordered a lid with communicator for use on my ordered GS Adventure. for the last five years I have been using a Sena 20S with my GTL. The only reason for having the communicator is really the look and I don't really need rider to pillion or bike to bike any more.

The Sena worked extremely well with all the following at the sam time.

- It worked with the bike. I.e it gave me output from the bike's audio system (radio and iPhone music)
- It worked with the various iPhones I have used over the years.
- It worked with my BMW Nav 4 satnav
- It worked with my wife's Sena AND my son's other make system giving us three way comms
- It did NOT work with the bike's wonder wheel to change volume which I did not find an issue at all as the big wheel on the Sena does the job perfectly
- It also had its own tuner which was great for trips to work as I could still listen to Radio 4 while feeling the bike.

Not sure if it would work with the iPhone nav.

Incidentally, I have used most versions of the System lids as being good quality and very comfortable and intended to buy the System 7 but it took about 5 nano seconds to decide the fit was awful so ordered a GS lid. Please BMW go back to badging Schubeth.

Please let us know how the BMW comms kit works out :)

Back
Top Bottom